Halls demanding fine. Watch

baby sexy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Sent me an email saying I have a fine for locking myself out of the room. The fine is five pounds and they are demanding it is paid by a set date. To be fair I have paid enough of their ******* fines and I don't want to pay this. In fact they owe me money.

What can they do if I do not settle this?
OceanInTheSky
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Stop doing things to incur fines.
Lilrascal19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Fines for locking yourself out the room???? Wow, your uni doesn't mess about lol.
If they owe you money then just tell them to take it out of that, shouldn't be a problem.
4TSR
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by baby sexy)
Sent me an email saying I have a fine for locking myself out of the room. The fine is five pounds and they are demanding it is paid by a set date. To be fair I have paid enough of their ******* fines and I don't want to pay this. In fact they owe me money.

What can they do if I do not settle this?
Send you endless number of letters and phone you a trillion times...
MulderMan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You are the one that signed the contract.

It will take someones time to unlock your room or sort it out etc. Time = Money.
Egypt
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Be careful about not paying them, they can be *******s. Lots of folks graduating same time as me had thier results witheld until they paid all monies the uni deemed they owed!
Lizj
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yep, if you don't pay you will be in debt to the uni and they will not award your degree. A £5 fine or £9,000 tuition fees? Seems a pretty easy choice to me.
It might seem harsh to fine you for locking yourself out, but imagine if everybody just went out without their keys all the time. The security staff would be running round opening doors all day and night. The fine is designed to make you take more care and take responsibility for yourself.
scribble_girl
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hell of a lot cheaper that calling out a locksmith when you have your own place and don't have security running around with keys. Be thankful.
baby sexy
Rep:
?
(Original post by scribble_girl)
Hell of a lot cheaper that calling out a locksmith when you have your own place and don't have security running around with keys. Be thankful.
The doors automatically close and lock. This is not a normal door you are thinking of.
MulderMan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The doors automatically close and lock. This is not a normal door you are thinking of.
That is still a pretty standard type of lock.

The previous posters point still stands that if you weren't in halls, you will most likely be calling out a locksmith!
Blueflare
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's only £5 and you're the one that made a mistake, just pay it and don't **** up in future.
baby sexy
Rep:
?
(Original post by MulderMan)
That is still a pretty standard type of lock.

The previous posters point still stands that if you weren't in halls, you will most likely be calling out a locksmith!
Whatever.
MulderMan
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Whatever.
Sorry, I didn't realise you came here for sympathy.

You are in the wrong, pay the fine.

Or don't pay the fine, and see if they take you to court/withhold examination results.
ScottyLP
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Pay the fine.

Then email/write a letter asking them for the money they owe you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (811)
80.46%
Leave (197)
19.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed