Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought the questions that came up on unit 2 (f012) were hard topics together, controll accounts, clubs and ratios. In the past there have been similar papers to this and the boundary for an A was 63%. Do people think this will be the case again

ReputationRep:
    Yes I took this exam today and I hate control accounts. I have two different teachers and the one is rubbish and he was the one who taught us control accounts. I didn't manage to do the reconciliation right. I thought the next two questions were fine. When I saw the last question was budgeting I panicked because I've has two lessons on it with the rubbish teacher and no one listened, but I think i managed to do it pretty well. My friend didn't even attempt the budgeting questions, it was 22 marks as well =/. I happy you said that about the grade boundary though, it makes me feel more confident.

ReputationRep:
    i did f011... very tight timing :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DNA_11)
    For that exam it is. It is aswell with fo12 but not as bad. In unit one i managed to correct myself in the last few seconds it was frightening LOL.

ReputationRep:
    i also did f011
    balancing figure was 40000ish... cant remember exactly
    but it did balance

t accounts were relatively easy
    and i had to ask for extra paper on the 8 mark written question

think its gone really well

ReputationRep:
    by the way guys for F012

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/rep_0...09_gce_jun.pdf

last page is grade boundries for last june

FO12 seems to be about 77.5% for an A

ReputationRep:
    the exam was ugly . i didn't balance it and the depreciation reducing balancing method and straight line. has any1 got the paper so we can discuss

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree they said time up I was stille writing final figures in and she took the paper off me. I was a bit pissed off bout that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaknffc)
    by the way guys for F012

http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/rep_0...09_gce_jun.pdf

last page is grade boundries for last june

FO12 seems to be about 77.5% for an A
    Yhhh I sat that paper and I got a B just, I didn't revise but looking back on it now they were all easy questions except the controll accounts. I think this one was much harder so hopefully it will be 80 odd/ 120 for an A. It was 93 for june 2009

The mark scheme they always have low boundaries on are questions papers that have clubs, controll accounts, ratios and journals and we had three of them so hopefully its all gdd. I didn't like the controll a/c qu, everything else was ok :p:

ReputationRep:
    yhhh

guys if your all doing AS dont panic

im in second year and re taking this was a doddle
    litrally did 2 days revision an i think iv aced it.

also little trick on the balancing..
    take lower figure from higher figure. if difference is small eg 600 ish, then check all the adjustments to see if youve missed one as a first port of call.

ReputationRep:
    i also did f011
    balancing figure was 40000ish... cant remember exactly
    but it did balance

t accounts were relatively easy
    and i had to ask for extra paper on the 8 mark written question

think its gone really well
    yeh..my balancing figure was something similar...about 43680 i think..heh
    it didn't balance at first..but u just tend to MAKE it balance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonR9T2J)
    Yhhh I sat that paper and I got a B just, I didn't revise but looking back on it now they were all easy questions except the controll accounts. I think this one was much harder so hopefully it will be 80 odd/ 120 for an A. It was 93 for june 2009

The mark scheme they always have low boundaries on are questions papers that have clubs, controll accounts, ratios and journals and we had three of them so hopefully its all gdd. I didn't like the controll a/c qu, everything else was ok :p:
    Ah, same. I think I was approximately seven marks off an A for F012 last year and after checking the mark scheme, I think I would have picked those marks up if I had properly revised the Financed by section in the Balance Sheet of the Appropriation Account - kicking myself (but what's done is done). I was so happy that cash budgets came up - I hated them last year but because it's in the F014 module, I find them so much easier now. I just hope I did better than last time as I desperately need a good grade for university.

(Original post by anonR9T2J)

I hope this is true :s:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mickiesal)
    Yes I took this exam today and I hate control accounts. I have two different teachers and the one is rubbish and he was the one who taught us control accounts. I didn't manage to do the reconciliation right. I thought the next two questions were fine. When I saw the last question was budgeting I panicked because I've has two lessons on it with the rubbish teacher and no one listened, but I think i managed to do it pretty well. My friend didn't even attempt the budgeting questions, it was 22 marks as well =/. I happy you said that about the grade boundary though, it makes me feel more confident.
    Two topics came up again which appeared in the F012 exam last year when I sat them - Control Accounts and Ratios. I was in a similar position to you last year on budgeting since it had only recently been added into the specification. However in A2, you cover the cash budgets module properly in F014 which should make it a lot easier.

ReputationRep:
    yeh..my balancing figure was something similar...about 43680 i think..heh
    it didn't balance at first..but u just tend to MAKE it balance
    Yh i was 490 at the start thought hmmmmm

but id forgot to add the cheque recived from that debtor onto bank so did that and sorted.

43680 is the correct figure i can remember it now.

ReputationRep:
    Yh i was 490 at the start thought hmmmmm

but id forgot to add the cheque recived from that debtor onto bank so did that and sorted.

43680 is the correct figure i can remember it now.
    phew! that makes me feel better..hehe

ReputationRep:
    phew! that makes me feel better..hehe
    Hate to dampen your hopes but iv since found out we could have lost a few marks.

Due it being a 10% loan and only £1100 in loan interest. Even though there was no correct point (i) thing apprently it should be £1200 meaning the net profit is too high by £100 and then current liabilities is down by £100 therefore meaning it would still balance.

or well nothing we can do now

ReputationRep:
    Hate to dampen your hopes but iv since found out we could have lost a few marks.

Due it being a 10% loan and only £1100 in loan interest. Even though there was no correct point (i) thing apprently it should be £1200 meaning the net profit is too high by £100 and then current liabilities is down by £100 therefore meaning it would still balance.

or well nothing we can do now
    :\
    hmm...i was thinking about the mysterious £100 from the £1200
    since in the past papers it tells you that it was accrued, we should have been told that :s it just confuses us.
    well...i just followed what i learnt and put it as current liability either way lol
    whats done is done hehe..
    anyways.. hopefully we'll get most of the marks

ReputationRep:
    init could really do with a or high b on this

ReputationRep:
    yep..fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    Yes I took this exam today and i found it so hard. I think i got a low score.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.