I just want to be thin :( Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I used to be a size 6 and about 7 stone, very toned. Exercised at least 20 hours a week. Didn't eat carbs.

Then I went on a gap year, to a place with literally only rice to eat. Too hot to exercise without passing out. I put on 2 stone!!! Now Im a size 10 And not toned at all.

Upon returning I binged on carbs . Now Ive realised just how fat I am. Everything I used to love; fashion, shopping, music, boys....I now hate. Ive lost 90% of the joy in my life.

ALL I WANT IS TO BE THIN AGAIN SO I CAN BE HAPPY AGAIN.

This has just all made me so depressed that I have very little motivation. All I want to do is sit here not eating until I am the way I used to be :mad:

Has this happened to anyone else? How did you beat it?
Anonymous #1
Oh and I start Uni in September. Are most girls there pretty skinny?
*twinkletoes*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You just need to slowly start cutting the carbs out of your diet i guess... Not completely though because eating no carbs at all is quite bad for you... Once you do that you might find yourself with more energy to start excersizing more... Being a size 10 isnt a bad thing at all, but i understand that some people arent happy being that size.
*twinkletoes*
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Oh and I start Uni in September. Are most girls there pretty skinny?
there are girls of all shapes and sizes...
TheKlassicsKid
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Try this, I lost loads in 2 weeks, its not good for you though: http://ezinearticles.com/?Lose-Weigh...Diet&id=244093
Ham22
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
You need to realise that weightloss takes time and that you have to keep at it. Work out a sensible diet plan where your're eating about 500 calories less a day than you Basal Metabolic Rate. This will result in roughly a 1lb a week loss.

I managed to put on a full stone in my first year of uni. By the end, i was really unhappy with myself too. I just had to say enough was enough and time to get motivated. It took me about 2 months to lose the weight.

You can get back in shape again, you just need to get in to the zone.
StressReliever
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
20 hours of exercise a week (I presume cardio) and NO carbs is a recipe for disaster.

And unless you are under 5ft2 then 7 stone is underweight anyway.

Being 'toned' does not mean you have to be super skinny. Pick up some weights, increase protein intake and don't overdo the cardio!

P.S. Don't be afraid or carbs and fats. You need both of these along with protein to keep a healthy balanced diet. Just stick to low GI (complex carbs) and healthy fats such as omega 3 and 6.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StressReliever)
20 hours of exercise a week (I presume cardio) and NO carbs is a recipe for disaster.

And unless you are under 5ft2 then 7 stone is underweight anyway.

Being 'toned' does not mean you have to be super skinny. Pick up some weights, increase protein intake and don't overdo the cardio!

P.S. Don't be afraid or carbs and fats. You need a both of these along with protein to keep a healthy balanced diet. Just stick to low GI (complex carbs) and healthy fats such as omega 3 and 6.
I am 7 stone, and the exercise wasn't all cardio at all. I did a lot of circuit training and I was lifting weights.

Cheers for the input though
mikeylfc1989
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The best way is to change your lifestyle, change it to something you can commit to or you will never maintain it.

Take up running, swimming or a sport do some research on good nutrition.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You exersice 20 hours a week? how is that even possible
OceanInTheSky
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Diaz89)
You exersice 20 hours a week? how is that even possible

3 hours per day.

Simplez.
Diaz89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by OceanInTheSky)
3 hours per day.

Simplez.
No I mean how does she fit in the time and the commitment.
ponpon14
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
size 10 isnt fat at all. 7 stone is very thin if you're average height or even if you're slightly short. Most girls ive met at uni are size 8-14. Toned=/= thin, so maybe instead of losing weight, how about you just tone?

Thing is, the happiness at that time of your life was probably not because of your size, but your attitude. If you try to have more confidence in yourself and yourbody as it is, your lifestyle will probably pick up.

To me, this seems like a mental problem, not physical.
sil3nt_cha0s
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
too thin is unsexy. just saying.
Tsukuyomi
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Size 10 isnt fat. I think most girls need to aim for 8-10.
You shouldnt lose weight
Anonymous #1
(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
too thin is unsexy. just saying.
Excess fat isn't sexy either
Peachesishere
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Your new weight sounds just as good as your old weight. There's nothing wrong with putting on some weight, it doesn't make you look less good in clothes, it doesn't make you less attractive, and it shouldn't make you loose your self confidence! Be happy with the new you, I'm 7stone and I seriously wish I'd put on 2 stone! I actually envy you..
In my opinion, you're at the perfect weight now! Just maintain that weight, do some exercise but do not overdo it, don't go all manic and diet, just eat healthy (:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Peachesishere)
Your new weight sounds just as good as your old weight. There's nothing wrong with putting on some weight, it doesn't make you look less good in clothes, it doesn't make you less attractive, and it shouldn't make you loose your self confidence! Be happy with the new you, I'm 7stone and I seriously wish I'd put on 2 stone! I actually envy you..
In my opinion, you're at the perfect weight now! Just maintain that weight, do some exercise but do not overdo it, don't go all manic and diet, just eat healthy (:
Trsuts me, it does. I am 32DD so have to wear quite low cut tops in order not to look bulky all over. But now I have a "belly" Ican only wear baggy tops...and have my bust make me look pretty obese. I bet if you did actually put on those 2 stone you'd be just as unhappy as me.
beckyl92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
you seriously think size 10 isn't thin?..
i think its a nice size.
size 6 makes people look ill.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ponpon14)
size 10 isnt fat at all. 7 stone is very thin if you're average height or even if you're slightly short. Most girls ive met at uni are size 8-14. Toned=/= thin, so maybe instead of losing weight, how about you just tone?

Thing is, the happiness at that time of your life was probably not because of your size, but your attitude. If you try to have more confidence in yourself and yourbody as it is, your lifestyle will probably pick up.

To me, this seems like a mental problem, not physical.
Sorry but I just don't agree. I was happy cos I could go out buying lots of nice clothes, go to the beach not feeling self conscious, have lots of guys trying to go out with me, getting nice pics posted on facebook with compliments, and I just generally had more confidence. Anyone who says being thin doesn't feel good is just a liar imo. And yes, I was toned. I had some muscle definition on my arms, thighs, stomach etc. You see I lifted weights and ate little carbs to keep to body fat % down. That is all gone down and Im stuck looking like a fat blob at the age of 18 :mad:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (105)
19.52%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (221)
41.08%
Nope, not that interesting (212)
39.41%

Watched Threads