wjec AS geography exam discussion! Watch

Kobie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
just finished the first exam (G1 changing physical environments)...

anyone else sit geog with this board? need a post- exam discussion or something to stop my nerves shredding themselves

Ko.
xo
goldfish1992
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lets have a discussion ive done the exam three times now i struggled on 1 a 1 c and the last question
jacobs28
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Kobie)
just finished the first exam (G1 changing physical environments)...

anyone else sit geog with this board? need a post- exam discussion or something to stop my nerves shredding themselves

Ko.
xo
the overall exam was ok but some of the questions were poor especially the one on culverts and how much does the examiner think a candidate can write about putting data into ecxel/graphs also i was dissapointed with the lack of opportunity to talk about flooding, drainage basin, volcanos and, well, extreme weather case studies in general. G2 should be pretty easy and is a good opportunity to pick up marks
SA.
Report 8 years ago
I thought it was quite an easy paper but my lack of revision ment that I struggled with question (c) in section A + B. Section C I thought was very nice. But a deffinate re-sit I think! I did G2 in Janurary which was quite a hard paper but I had enough case studies to get good marks.
LauraBritton
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I thought that culvert question was pretty hard as well for 7 marks...i just resorted to rambling lol
The Cello Ninja
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For my question 3, I revised it loads, (we looked at drainage basins and did a hydrograph), I also revised loads of other ways of displaying data incase that question came up... So in the exam as soon as I came out I realised I talked about how we made a histogram instead of a hydrograph! GAH! Will that effect me too much, if I described and drew a hydrograph, but called it a histogram? :s
LauraBritton
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did a similar thing and wrote bar chart instead of tally chart Tbh I think they wont mind too much beacuse they'll realise you just made a silly mistake.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?