PC2 Maths, AQA 24/05/10 Watch

rob...
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by rob...)
Ok guys I have the paper, once I figure out how to upload these photos I'll do so!!! And sorry in advance for the quality, but my camera's broken so I'm having to use a 1MP integrated webcam (:

P.s. you better all add to my reputation for this!
See Page 16, post #s 301-303 for my typed solutions and questions!

Pre & Post exam discussion.
Good luck!
josh1991
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it shouldnt be difficult
rob...
Rep:
?
I hope not & if it's going to be anything like that joke of a pure core 1 exam this January then we should all be getting 100%
Fingers crossed!
Septimoose
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hahaha! Don't try to make me feel any worse than I already do. I'm not going to try make excuses for myself. I should have got 100% on that Pure Core 1 exam in January. However I am ashamed to inform you that I myself got a Grade C! I'm resitting that on Monday too, and it's straight after Pure Core 2, so it should be a 'cooldown' session after the previous exam

I do not look forward to my exams on Thursday. Statistics 1B, Further Pure 1 and Physics Unit 1.
rob...
Rep:
?
(Original post by Septimoose)
Hahaha! Don't try to make me feel any worse than I already do. I myself got a grade C.
Hehe sorry, but it's bold of you to admit to getting a C in PC1 and I admire you for that :P

(Original post by Septimoose)
I do not look forward to my exams on Thursday. Statistics 1B, Further Pure 1 and Physics Unit 1.
I've just got PC2 & FP1 this week! don't have physics 2 till next week but that's at the same time Decision 1 or 2, I can't remember

:eek: 3 exams in one day is way too harsh!! Especially since they're pretty related subjects, one would've though that the examiners would arrange it so that those were more spread out, damn you AQA!

Good luck!
Septimoose
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by rob...)
Hehe sorry, but it's bold of you to admit to getting a C in PC1 and I admire you for that :P

I've just got PC2 & FP1 this week! don't have physics 2 till next week but that's at the same time Decision 1 or 2, I can't remember

:eek: 3 exams in one day is way too harsh!! Especially since they're pretty related subjects, one would've though that the examiners would arrange it so that those were more spread out, damn you AQA!

Good luck!
Hahaha! I'm normally a straight A student... but I got complacent, and paid the price for it. I have put in sufficient effort to get my A's back now. And yeah, our examination officer is evil, and out to get my further maths class, lol. She's probably done this for the fun of it.

How do you think you will do in Further Pure 1? I find it really hard... and I only have a few days to come up with a method for passing it!!! That and Physics >.<

Thanks, and good luck to you too I look forward especially to August when we can all compare awesome results
rob...
Rep:
?
This may sound funny but I find FP1 quite easy, however Decision 1 & 2 are the most difficult for me hah I'm really nervous for those exams...

Though saying that I havn't looked at FP1 in ages and I can just imagine it going horriby wrong! I think I'll stay in college after PC2 and just spend the day on FP1¬
lifeadd1ct
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
what did you guys think of the exam?
laurenr92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hardest exam everrrrrr!
even the things i could previously do easy took me ages and im almost certain i probably got wrong
had like 5 mins left after rushing the last question to go back and do about 5 i had missed out, most of these i guessed n was ponderin over about six answers to a question until one minute to go i just scribbled 4 out n hoped for the best
revision whats the point it did me a fat lot of good
N!*
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Question 4 :mad2:
laurenr92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i cnt even remember wt question 4 was bt i cud do that face about every question lol hmm
war833
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Badbadbadbad
lifeadd1ct
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
was question 4 the binomial question? if yes i got it correct because i drew the graph in my ti 84 and the answer is 1.7. Can some1 confirm please?

managed to get 27.2 for the area of the sector.
for the trapezium rule i got 5.55.
Jono404
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Okay that was a touch solid, the binomial expansion/integration one had me stumped for ages had to go back and spend 15 mins on it at the end.

Answers I can remember:

Second term of arithmetic sequence 8, common difference -0.5, limit to infinity of geometric series 10?

p and q on the binomial were -3 and 3, then you integrated and got -1.7

gradient was 3/2 and gradient of normal -2/3 (might be other way round)

Trapezium Rule was 5.55
lifeadd1ct
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jono404)
Okay that was a touch solid, the binomial expansion/integration one had me stumped for ages had to go back and spend 15 mins on it at the end.

Answers I can remember:

Second term of arithmetic sequence 8, common difference -0.5, limit to infinity of geometric series 10?

Trapezium Rule was 5.55
yes i got the same answers...The sigma question of the arithmetic series was 820 if i recall correctly...I had time in the exam and even did 1+2+3...on the calculator xD
laurenr92
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
dno wt i gt for trapezium because i think i got the integration wrong
didnt get the infinity question
and the binomial dont even ask
Ollie901
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I found it quite difficult as well.
I thought it was harder then the past papers from the past 3 or 4 years, but that may just be because of my lack of sleep last night (dodgy chinese )

Q4 threw me a bit as well. What did you get for p & q?
I got -3 and 3 I think.
I got a negative area on the bit afterwards. Can't remember what it was exactly but it was a small number.
Jono404
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I never got round to teaching myself sigma notation so lost 4 marks there annoyingly.

The one where you had to translate the graph and find out where y=0, it was like 2^(4x-1)-0.5 wasn't it? then I got X=0 but I don't think that was right.
Ollie901
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jono404)

Answers I can remember:

Trapezium Rule was 5.55
Yes!
I got exactly the same. Please tell me you are good at maths :P
war833
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What did you guys get for the last part of question 8?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (27)
11.44%
Yes - a food allergy (24)
10.17%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (7)
2.97%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (8)
3.39%
No (170)
72.03%

Watched Threads