Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone do the Chemistry Resit today - OCR Chemistry for life? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so like the title says, if you did do it what did you think?

ReputationRep:
    There's already a thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Failed123)
    There's already a thread.
    Your name sums up my thread :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    yeaaaaah, 'twas alright actually.

ReputationRep:
    For the catalytic converter question did you have to put N2 i just put nitrogen? also for the enthalpy change question what was the answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraw1993)
    For the catalytic converter question did you have to put N2 i just put nitrogen? also for the enthalpy change question what was the answer?
    with catalytic converter NO (harmful) turns into NO2 (harmless).

and the first enthalpy question (second page) was 2 x the enthalpy they gave u i think. since the reaction had 2NO2 and it gave u the enthalpy change of NO2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dumb maths student)
    with catalytic converter NO (harmful) turns into NO2 (harmless).

and the first enthalpy question (second page) was 2 x the enthalpy they gave u i think. since the reaction had 2NO2 and it gave u the enthalpy change of NO2.
    Oh right well in my text book it says catalytic converters convert nitrogen oxides into less harmfull gases like nitrogen? so i dunno probs could have put both, and yeah thanks for the enthalpy 1, i did x by 2 although i saw people saying you had to put a minus on the answer which i was unsure about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lauraw1993)
    Oh right well in my text book it says catalytic converters convert nitrogen oxides into less harmfull gases like nitrogen? so i dunno probs could have put both, and yeah thanks for the enthalpy 1, i did x by 2 although i saw people saying you had to put a minus on the answer which i was unsure about.
    ah ****.. i think it is N2 and not NO2

i had never read anything about nitrogen and catalytic converters so i just assumed it would be like carbon.. ah well

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 22, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.