-20 May-AS-Level Unit 1- Environmental Studies exam Watch

King Leonidas
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Anyone who took the exam, how did it go for you?
jimbo9292
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by pinda.college)
Anyone who took the exam, how did it go for you?

Sorry i didnt do the exam my school dont offer this subject :eek3: but i :love: Geography are they simular ???????????????????
King Leonidas
Rep:
?
(Original post by jimbo9292)
Sorry i didnt do the exam my school dont offer this subject :eek3: but i :love: Geography are they simular ???????????????????
I do Geography aswell, Geography goes more into the question why things happen in nature whilst ES goes into the effects and science behind it
ghostkillah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ES paper was great i thought, the first question threw me off guard as we didnt do this in class, so i just guessed by process of elimination, so for the difference in environment via a gradient it was a belt transact and kick sampling for the stream collection method. The pollarding and coppicing question was fine, just talked about the habitats it creates when coppiced and the symbiotic relationships that may form in the ecosystem. The coral reefs bit was great i talked about 6 different things for the use to humANS eg carbon sink, tourism. I used up the entire back page for it :P So glad im dropping it soon.....
King Leonidas
Rep:
?
(Original post by ghostkillah)
ES paper was great i thought, the first question threw me off guard as we didnt do this in class, so i just guessed by process of elimination, so for the difference in environment via a gradient it was a belt transact and kick sampling for the stream collection method. The pollarding and coppicing question was fine, just talked about the habitats it creates when coppiced and the symbiotic relationships that may form in the ecosystem. The coral reefs bit was great i talked about 6 different things for the use to humANS eg carbon sink, tourism. I used up the entire back page for it :P So glad im dropping it soon.....
Arghh, glad it went well for you my good chum Yes! the first question threw me off balance beacause we haven't been taught it either I hope I squeezed a few marks out of 5 though. I take it you're doing unit 2 on Wednesday? If so, goodluck
toml99
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
I found it actually quite hard. The first questoin was easy but a few of the small questions threw me such as the gas that increase it said there was only 1 but I had 2. Was oxygen the correct answer for this. Then the environmental impact one i put EIA but again thought it could also be leopold matrix. Apart from those questions there were others I didn't have a clue about but I can't remember all of them.
Anyone know if those 2 answers were correct as I know a few of us in the class put them down?
ghostkillah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by toml99)
I found it actually quite hard. The first questoin was easy but a few of the small questions threw me such as the gas that increase it said there was only 1 but I had 2. Was oxygen the correct answer for this. Then the environmental impact one i put EIA but again thought it could also be leopold matrix. Apart from those questions there were others I didn't have a clue about but I can't remember all of them.
Anyone know if those 2 answers were correct as I know a few of us in the class put them down?
The gas increase was oxygen as photosynthesising plants releases o2 and reduced the co2 in the atmosphere. The Env impact was a leopold matrix as it is a numerical analysis. I assume you are talking about the multiple choice one. However a leopold matrix if often used for an eia as it is a environmental numerical analysis, but in this case it was a leopold matrix. No chance that i will carry on with this next year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1529)
79.3%
Leave (399)
20.7%

Watched Threads