The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Get in there :smile: If you can't beat them, then join them, is what they say :smile:
Reply 41
Itz Sal
Sit outside on a rocking chair with a double barrel shotgun smoking a cigar, wearing a cowboy hat, yeee haaa!!! hillbilly style!

lol

The amount of times I've imagined recreating similar scenarios...
:rolleyes:
Reply 42
Anonymous
Ok, so basically outside our house is a wall and the people next door always come out and sit on it, especially during these summer months. They don't sit outside their own house / any other house on the road as the rest of the houses have just got fences around their front garden.

So basically they sit there usually being loud, often smoking, sometimes drinking / doing weed right outside our house (they're all around 20 and their mates come and hang round as well during the day).

I get quite annoyed about it. The whole area looks cheap because of their loitering around and it's embarrassing when people come round. In fact i feel intimidated on my way out / in when there's large groups of them sitting on & around our wall.

What do we do? We're too scared to say anything to them and don't wanna cause any conflict...

Reply 43
Really sorry to hear you're having problems. I know how miserable and intimidated it can make you feel and like you're a prisoner in your own home.
It's a tricky one, since they know where you live, any annoying them could back-fire on your house and you.

[QUOTE=AnonymousThey don't sit outside their own house / any other house on the road as the rest of the houses have just got fences around their front garden.

I think the solution lies in what you've written here.
Put a sturdy fence up round your front-garden, and they'll hopefully go elsewhere (and hopefully not rip up the fence so they can continue sitting on it.....)

Hope you can resolve the issue without confrontation.

Alternatively (are you male or female?) going out and speaking to them, telling them how you find it intimidating and asking would they mind moving, might work. They might never have considered how miserable it is making you.
I can't believe some people think asking the scum is gonna work. How naive do you have to be? Chavs generally antagonise for absolutely no reason, other than the fact that they're scum. Hell, I got abuse today for wearing a shirt.
Reply 45
Chrrye
Anything people have said regarding icing the wall with deterrent.

Also, wait till night and arrange this:

You will need a naked hench guy or preferably a robot from the future. Make sure you get one with living tissue over metal endoskeleton :yep:

Effing lol! Perfect.
Get out there and PhucK 5H17 up.
Reply 47
Anonymous
What can the police do though?

I think someone on the road has done that before actually, as I remember the police randomly coming round here whilst they were out and then they started a convo with them.

There are kids who play out here as well, i'm guessing maybe one of their rents / some old people here mighta informed the police as they don't like them loitering around?

I'm not sure what it was about though, it seemed rather amicable, i'm guessing it has to be like that :rolleyes: Whatever it was hasn't deterred them from congregating here...although I was hoping it would.

Oh man :frown: i would just change ur wall to a fence or summat so they cant sit on it and piss off !
get some large pieces of broken glass and cement. Put the cement on the wall and embed the broken glass in it. Problem solved. :h:

Potential Trigger
Start a bonfire, use the chavs to maintain fuel

I never thought I'd agree with a Tory but...

he's right. Burn the ****ers.
Sit out there with them :awesome:
I understand the annoyance,but believe me, the law isn't on your side right now.If you go out and confront them ,pretty certain they won't like it. If you call the Police ,if the Police bother to do anything,the chavs will just most likely comply with the Police to go away,then come back later. Then you have the danger they will find out,it was you called them, and they will do much more than sit on your wall. They are neighbours remember.

I would only confront them,personally if you have some very large friends, or your dad does ,who if they get arsey don't mind giving them a hiding because thats the only thing they care about. They probably don't give two craps about the Police. In fact it will probably be excitement in their boring lives.

If not, just live with it, they will get bored, the nights will get colder, eventually and they will move on. Sadly the police and council don't care about this low level antisocial behaviour as they should.
You shouldn't have to go to the bother and expense of putting up a fence etc.

If the wall is actually your property, legally, they are trespassing.
Reply 53
Anonymous
What do we do? We're too scared to say anything to them and don't wanna cause any conflict...

Then you live with it, as a consequence of your own cowardice. What? You didn't expect your negative personality traits to have unpleasant consequences for you? Then I'm afraid you're a fool.

I suppose you could always move. Run, run away!

Or fill your living room with sand and hide your head in it.
Lol, some old psycho white guy around these ends poured motor oil all over the top of the wall so nobody can sit there anymore.
Reply 55
jumpingjesusholycow
he's right. Burn the ****ers.

I hope that started with F :mad: :eek3:
69Crazyfists
Shoot to kill.

Shoot to thrill, play to kill.

Sit on the wall and debate with them.
L i b
Then you live with it, as a consequence of your own cowardice. What? You didn't expect your negative personality traits to have unpleasant consequences for you? Then I'm afraid you're a fool.

I suppose you could always move. Run, run away!

Or fill your living room with sand and hide your head in it.

One person against 20 chavs... that's going to turn out well

Garry Newlove comes to mind; that didn't work out too nicely now, did it?

Chavs very rarely listen to anything anyone tells them to do
Reply 58
put barbed wire on the top or something siumilar,
if they tear it down, report for vandalising
if not, problem solved
Reply 59
if I could, i'd somehow cover them all with liquid nitrogen, let them endure some pain, and then smash them into pieces.

Latest

Trending

Trending