The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ilovepolska
same thing happened to me a while ago. i LOVE food, i eat a lot, i don't know where does the food go though.
i'm 5'5, 7.5 stone, size 6/8, and no, i have NO eating disorder. it's just the way i am. sometimes i wish i had some more curves here and there, but then again, when i look at those people who have to constanly watch what they eat and worry about the calories and stuff, i think i'm okay with the way i am now.

It weird but i've never though of it that way, i guess we are the lucky ones! But in general i think people need to open up there minds and see that not everyone is the same, you've got the mojority smack bang in the middle but there are others who are just as healthy as them (and eat just as much if not more) on either sides of the spectrum.
Reply 81
I maybe the exception here but I take it as a compliment when people call me anorexic or too thin. I am short and thin and I like being that way. I used to be fat and remember how awful that was - everyone always went on about me being fat all the time. I remember hiding from people and always avoided going shopping. The only clothes I had were second-hand one's that nobody else wanted as I thought I didn’t deserve new clothes.

Now after years of dieting and trying really hard to become thin I want people to acknowledge that I'm thin. It's so much hard work being thin that I would never take it as an insult if someone told me I need to gain some weight.

It really annoys me when people complain about being too thin and how they eat so much yet can't gain weight. It just sounds like showing off to me but then maybe I don’t understand that it can be a bad thing. I just think you girls don't know how lucky you are.

Most people say I look good the size I am but yes I too have had certain comments which weren't very nice. When I first lost weight I remember my obese friend (she's maybe a size 18-20) told me I look disgusting and she felt sick looking at my bones sticking out. It didn’t bother me at all. If on the other hand someone said I was too fat and that they didn’t want to look at my rolls of fat I think I would have been so devastated and probably would have hid away for months.
Well, I must say I tend to use more creative offensive comments than those anyway, so shut it, cheddarclunge.
Reply 83
Adonis
Why should she?

The point is the majority of these girls aren't unhealthy skinny. neither are they suffering from health problems (I assume)

So if their health is fine? why should they gain weight because it's "unsightly to some?"

Once again, hypocrisy, thy name is you.

To the OP... it's because we're all frickin jealous.
If someone called me anorexic I'd be over the moon. I really really do mean that.
Happened a couple times when I was younger, I was so happy for days xD

The point is, take it as a compliment because its really nothing but jealousy.
Reply 84
dam.p
Once again, hypocrisy, thy name is you.

To the OP... it's because we're all frickin jealous.
If someone called me anorexic I'd be over the moon. I really really do mean that.
Happened a couple times when I was younger, I was so happy for days xD

The point is, take it as a compliment because its really nothing but jealousy.

I am nowhere NEAR as bad as the examples given
Reply 85
i used to have this problem! .. my rather large friend said i looked anorexic but im just naturally petite.
i have put on quite a lot of weight because of the security issues from comments made an d i wish i looked the way i did before. im not fat now but i think i looked beter before. If you are happy with yourself stay the way you are!
If you eat well you've got no problem.Anorexia involves eating disorders. It's really bad,but just because someone's thin doesn't mean that she's got it :/ Your friends are obviously unaware of this.Dont' worry if you eat properly:smile:
Reply 87
Kara_Adams
I maybe the exception here but I take it as a compliment when people call me anorexic

You like people saying you've got a pshychological and phsyical disorder?

Yes. I think you are in the minority there.
Sarah.Rivers
You like people saying you've got a pshychological and phsyical disorder?

Yes. I think you are in the minority there.

She definitely is. It's one of the worst insults anybody can say to someone. The next person that says it to me I'm going to bite their head off. Literally m8. :frown:
Reply 89
Advanced Subsidiary
She definitely is. It's one of the worst insults anybody can say to someone. The next person that says it to me I'm going to bite their head off. Literally m8. :frown:

There's a major difference between saying to someone "I love your slim figure" and saying "God, you should eat more, you must be Anorexic!"

HOW could it possibly be a compliment?!
Sarah.Rivers
There's a major difference between saying to someone "I love your slim figure" and saying "God, you should eat more, you must be Anorexic!"

HOW could it possibly be a compliment?!

Exactly :eek3:. I also don't understand why is there a 10:1 ratio of lose weight to gain weight help out there. :s-smilie:
Reply 91
Advanced Subsidiary
Exactly :eek3:. I also don't understand why is there a 10:1 ratio of lose weight to gain weight help out there. :s-smilie:

The Media's to blame.
Reply 92
It's so rude to make personal comments on somebody's weight. My mum used to have a phase where she'd pull at the waist band on my trousers and say "You're not eating enough, you're too skinny, chunder chunder."
It's obviously because they're jealous.
The worst thing is when people say stuff like 'I'm twice your size!' etc. Or if they sort of look at you and then say something like 'I'm so fat' (when they have a perfectly healthy, lovely figure). I just don't know what you're meant to say to that. :/
Reply 95
Sarah.Rivers
Few months ago though lol

You look healthy to me.
Name calling is generally hurtful whether it's in regard to someone's appearance, weight, age, intellect or personality, etc, it's not pleasant to be insulted.
I'm 5'10", and I have a 23" UK 4 waist (the infamous size 0 OMG!!!) but I have 28DD boobs and 35" hips.

I *KNOW* I'm "underweight", I *KNOW* my BMI says I should be dead or something, but you know what, ********. I'm built this way, I love my food and the only exercise I do is walking the dogs. Sod what everyone else thinks, I look good because this is what I'm meant to be. I'm not meant to be thinner and I'm not meant to be fatter.

I wouldn't mind but I don't even look anorexic. The only skinny/bony part of me is my arms (and I hate my arms).

This is a quick body shot. Please note the lack of protrusing ribs and concave stomach.

But I forgot, I'm under a size 8, so that must mean I'm anorexic by default.
Reply 98
lea_uk
You look healthy to me.

Exactly.
They are insulting you as they are jealous for you being naturally petite.
Stay as you are as you appear to be healthy and will look damn fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending