Bluetooth on Laptop Watch

Handbag
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I have a bluetooth button on this Acer laptop but have no idea what it does? How can Iconnect it to my phone? Would be great if I could bluetooth imagesto my laptop.
spikeymike
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Is there a light on it to indicate it's on? Use your phone, to detect other bluetooth devices then pair up with it to transfer stuff.
Handbag
Rep:
?
There's no light. The wireless light is on but not that so I assume I have to turn it on somehow.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
What model is your laptop?
The-Wi$e-One
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
just because the logo is there doesn't mean it has bluetooth, sometimes the same model of laptop comes with or without bluetooth and they use the same case.

if you right click on my computer/computer and click manage, click on device manager, and look through the list of devices...do you see anything related to bluetooth?
etnies
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Handbag)
I have a bluetooth button on this Acer laptop but have no idea what it does? How can Iconnect it to my phone? Would be great if I could bluetooth imagesto my laptop.
Well I've got Acer too. Press the bluetooth butten and it will turn blue. Then you can connect your phone to your laptop and stuff like that.
Really what else do you think bluetooth is for? :p:
Handbag
Rep:
?
I have Acer Aspure 5735Z. To be honest I don't see anything related to bluetooth in the device manager.

And obviously when I click the button nothing happens, that's why I'm asking here.
The-Wi$e-One
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have Acer Aspure 5735Z. To be honest I don't see anything related to bluetooth in the device manager.

And obviously when I click the button nothing happens, that's why I'm asking here.
then you probably don't have the bluetooth hardware.
Handbag
Rep:
?
How can I install it?
etnies
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

Well I've got Extensa 5635G and when I press this button a blue bluetooth icon pops up from the taskbar.
You should check whether you have a bluetooth software.
Go to Control Panel -> Uninstall a program - > Widdcomm Bluetooth Software (or else check for anything bluetooth related).
Handbag
Rep:
?
It's really odd, I don't see anything like that. I think my laptop has just gone haywire, because normal things don't seem to work but I don't have the original CD (the one where you're supposed to download default settings) so I can't do a fresh install of everything, and Acer charge too much for it.
The-Wi$e-One
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How can I install it?
If you don't see it in device manager (anything BT related), then you will need to buy a bluetooth dongle.
Handbag
Rep:
?
A dongle just for that? No point really. Thank you all for your help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (293)
26.11%
Yes - they're famous (283)
25.22%
No I don't (546)
48.66%

Watched Threads