Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ACA is considered a bit harded than ACCA generally - plus the pass mark is a bit higher 55% vs 50%

The major issue though is that you get sent to class for a few weeks and have to learn and remember a vast amount of information in a short period of time - plus balance study with work etc.
AdaD
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The content is no harder but you need an extra 5% to pass so it could be deened slightly more difficult.

On the flip side, I believe that there are 6 computer based exams v 3 with acca, so you're effectively given an extra 3 easy passes. For computer exams, read 'easy exams'
2late
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by cruciform)
How academically competent would you say one needs to be to undertake the ACA?
That's an abstract question to which there is no answer...
e_clark
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In YOUR opinion, how rigorous do you think the qualification is? What abilities do you need? Since I have heard of the most academic failing them. Do you know of any clever people who have failed the ACA? More importantly do you know anyone with 'mediocre' academics to have passed the ACA? It is a hard one. And yes I have to make the decision to go for the ACCA or the ACA since certain uni exemptions in TOTAL will either favour the ACCA or the ACA, so the choice needs to be made soon.
Exemptions are not necessarily beneficial so don't base your choice on that...
theis
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
There is little that is that intellectually challenging in the ACA. There is just a lot of it. Of course you have to be reasonably intelligent but really, most of it comes down to being able to graft.
Flying Scotsman
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In YOUR opinion, how rigorous do you think the qualification is? What abilities do you need? Since I have heard of the most academic failing them. Do you know of any clever people who have failed the ACA? More importantly do you know anyone with 'mediocre' academics to have passed the ACA? It is a hard one. And yes I have to make the decision to go for the ACCA or the ACA since certain uni exemptions in TOTAL will either favour the ACCA or the ACA, so the choice needs to be made soon.
Well I've got straight A's at A level and a first class degree and I'm finding it really tough! I failed my first 3 mocks in financial accounting and also one of the tax mocks. I'm sitting three real exams in a few weeks time and it's not going to be fun..
Flying Scotsman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by AdaD)
The content is no harder but you need an extra 5% to pass so it could be deened slightly more difficult.

On the flip side, I believe that there are 6 computer based exams v 3 with acca, so you're effectively given an extra 3 easy passes. For computer exams, read 'easy exams'
Um, definitely not! I fail to see how anyone can call some of the ACA computer exams easy!

Also I disagree that the content is the same level. Many consider ACA to be a lot harder.
Flying Scotsman
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by theis)
There is little that is that intellectually challenging in the ACA. There is just a lot of it. Of course you have to be reasonably intelligent but really, most of it comes down to being able to graft.
True, also the exams are really time pressured as well!
AdaD
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was also considering the ACCA since my degree will give me quite a few exemptions. Do you have any experiences/knowledge of the ACCA and what are the comparisons with the ACA?

But if you got 4A's and a first class shouldn't you find it okay! That is scary, what uni and course did you do?? I mean you would be at the top of the academic spectrum, how hard do you work for it? Also is the interest there?
You'll be fine. I got average GCSE's (B's and C's), average a levels (B, 2 C's) and a 2:2 and I've got 3 ACCA exams left. Only failed a couple. I don't put much effort in (5-7 days work per exam), hence my 50-60% marks in most exams.

With 4 A's and a first class, you should walk acca/aca/cima exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1621)
79.15%
Leave (427)
20.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise