The Student Room Group
Reply 1
yes i agree with you, i found it hard, even the first bit which is supposed to be easy was tricky, the only part i found easy was oktoberfest, but ye that reading was really hard, especially the last questions, in general i found it hard, like putting the essay into your own words, it was a hard article and translating the letter, so ye i am annoyed.
ilovemylife
How did everyone think it went?

So much harder than in the past I thought especially the 25 mark reading about smart cars.

This exam was actually quite bad overall.
I had been getting C/B in mocks but I thought the listening was better as there was no gap fill section but the second reading about smart cars was a complete disaster. I didnt really understand the gist at all and just tried to answer some questions by rewording stuff hoping it was relevant.

The end essay was ok but i felt limited so i had to talk about health risks to drinking and the future life risks.

Also the translation was ok apart from 2 word choice mistakes i know now.
I thought parts of it were difficult and it did confuse my brain at times. I wasn't in the best mood for it perhaps but I thought that the first listening, which is normally straightforward, was quite difficult at times and that the Oktoberfest listening was a bit tricky too. I was a bit iffy with my first essay but I think I got it towards the end, just about.

Still, I'm disappointed that I forgot what the word for "trip" was (urgh) and that I didn't go with my gut instinct and believe trotz did mean despite and not because of. Still, third time lucky I hope and hopefully I can get enough in this and the A2 to get a B :smile:
Sheepmaster317
I thought parts of it were difficult and it did confuse my brain at times. I wasn't in the best mood for it perhaps but I thought that the first listening, which is normally straightforward, was quite difficult at times and that the Oktoberfest listening was a bit tricky too. I was a bit iffy with my first essay but I think I got it towards the end, just about.

Still, I'm disappointed that I forgot what the word for "trip" was (urgh) and that I didn't go with my gut instinct and believe trotz did mean despite and not because of. Still, third time lucky I hope and hopefully I can get enough in this and the A2 to get a B :smile:

i also forgot trip and went with "das trip" :L. Also for the bike hire thing i but bieten instead of mieten so offer not hire ahhh
Reply 5
Trytostaypositive
i also forgot trip and went with "das trip" :L. Also for the bike hire thing i but bieten instead of mieten so offer not hire ahhh

ye that translation was harder than before, i forgot plural for rad, just said rad i did get mieten though, and i used ausflug for trip,(excursion)
Yeah I definitely messed up the translation but I tried to get my quality of language to be quite good. Forgot trip so instead of "Das Trip" like Try used I used "Die Trippe" which doesn't even mean anything. Couldn't remember hire either, I think I used bekommen tbh, might get away with it
Reply 7
i used ich mochte viele ansicht zu sehen, for i want to go signtseeing, will i get any credit for that
Wezzler
i used ich mochte viele ansicht zu sehen, for i want to go signtseeing, will i get any credit for that

I think you will, although I maybe wrong, could it be "Aussichten"? Ansicht is a view as in an opinions, Aussicht is a view as in landscape. Not sure really.

I didn't think straight so I think I just put "Wir wollen Gebaude sehen", or something. Might just scrape a mark too, but overall I didn't do well in that bit.
Reply 9
Sheepmaster317
I think you will, although I maybe wrong, could it be "Aussichten"? Ansicht is a view as in an opinions, Aussicht is a view as in landscape. Not sure really.

I didn't think straight so I think I just put "Wir wollen Gebaude sehen", or something. Might just scrape a mark too, but overall I didn't do well in that bit.

crap i put aussicht and crossed it out, i put moechte is that alright, or does it have to be wollen.
Wezzler
crap i put aussicht and crossed it out, i put moechte is that alright, or does it have to be wollen.

I'm pretty sure that'll be fine
Reply 11
i have just realised a mistake i made alot which i think will mean i wil get a D or an E. when i did as an example ich hatte das haus konnen kaufen, instead of kaufen konnen, o god
Wezzler
i have just realised a mistake i made alot which i think will mean i wil get a D or an E. when i did as an example ich hatte das haus konnen kaufen, instead of kaufen konnen, o god

I don't think it will mean a huge loss of marks. If you did it in the essay you may lose a couple of QOL marks but nothing more I don't think, as long as everything else is generally alright :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending