Turn on thread page Beta

help! i really need help preparing for my As physics with OCR (O.O)! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    :eek3: i find it really difficult to revise and was wondering if anyone has any notes or ideas about how they revise As physics or in general

i'm completely new to this site lol!

i do chem phys biol and law at As so any advice will be good advise because atm i feel like this dude --> :banghead:

thanks if you can help at all

Jenn
    xxx xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justjennytbh)
    :eek3: i find it really difficult to revise and was wondering if anyone has any notes or ideas about how they revise As physics or in general

i'm completely new to this site lol!

i do chem phys biol and law at As so any advice will be good advise because atm i feel like this dude --> :banghead:

thanks if you can help at all

Jenn
    xxx xxx
    Do past papers, the same questions come up again and again. Remember the little formulae. Read marking schemes, the same "explain why.." questions come up literally every other year and if you can remember the key points they're looking for in the mark scheme, it will really help.

AS physics isn't too tough conceptually at all: you just have to know your formulae and have done lots of practice. Good luck! ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I took M_E_X advice and worked through the papers with the mark schemes which helps and I also printed off the examiners report which outlines the common mistakes made by candidates in each question which was useful because i made a couple of those common mistakes! eek!

ReputationRep:
    Just read the examiner's report, makes me feel so much better! i can lose just under half marks and still have a chance of getting an A!

I think the best way to revise is to do some past Qs...it does kinda help, and some of the Qs are a bit predictable - e.g. the 1st one is usually about units for something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Do past papers, the same questions come up again and again. Remember the little formulae. Read marking schemes, the same "explain why.." questions come up literally every other year and if you can remember the key points they're looking for in the mark scheme, it will really help.

AS physics isn't too tough conceptually at all: you just have to know your formulae and have done lots of practice. Good luck! ^_^
    hey thank you! really helped!

i had it this morning and tbh i think it went okay! xxx

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.