Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, the exam is on the 17th of june! I thought it might benefit us all if we can mate notes availible to each other and maybe some other revision material availible! I have found a podcast on mens rea! I am trying to find others though!

ReputationRep:
    You can find some useful info here:

http://www.e-lawresources.co.uk/Criminal.php

ReputationRep:
    Any idea of what might come up????

ReputationRep:
    Also intrigued as to what will most likely come up

I know there's 8 questions, of which we answer only three. They are in the following format

Q1) Q2) Q3) - pick 1. 50marks.
    Q4) Q5) Q6) - pick 1. 50marks.
    Q7) Q8) - pick 1. 20marks.

Anyone got any idea as to what they'll ask though?

ReputationRep:
    My Teacher says Duress, but I don't think so personally because it's still in the legacy specification.

My First post!

ReputationRep:
    My teachers have been screaming duress and necessity! So im gna revise that, they say insanity and provocation is very popular, so i dont know! Hows revision going for everyone!

ReputationRep:
    The following is a quote from another thread and is about what came up in Jan:
    "Section A was to answer either a question on Appropriation (Theft), Recklessness and Intention and Intoxication (I did this one). Section B was the case scenerios and they were on Assault, can't remember the other one, and the last one was on Gross Negligence... which I did. Section C was the application questions and the first 3 questions were on Robbery and Theft and the other 3 on Strict Liability."

I'm hoping that helps in some way.

Oh and revision is going well Stringer987 ^^, If Attempts, Theft, Robbery, Burglary, Duress, Provocation, Intoxication, Insanity, Automatism come up then I'm fine and dandy xD Anything else then I'll cry. :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Across the Sea)
    My Teacher says Duress, but I don't think so personally because it's still in the legacy specification.

My First post!
    Gratz on first post :woo:

ReputationRep:
    My teacher says Duress is 99.999% certain to appear somewhere on the paper, since it's the first year it hasn't been on the synoptic paper for a while. She also seems to think non-fatals are unlikely, since we've done that to a much higher level of detail in the synoptic paper.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been told a question on Mens Rea is not likely,

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh i really need some model answers on this!! i revised involuntary manslaughter today, so i thought id answer them questions in the ocr textbook to make sure i actually knew it, but i dont have a clueeee where to start or how to structure it or anything!
    i know the info just not what to put in the questions

il probably sound stupid this close to the exam asking questions like this but we've never done them in class and my teacher doesn't actually know anything about law!

It's safe to say im stressed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nk124)
    Ahhh i really need some model answers on this!! i revised involuntary manslaughter today, so i thought id answer them questions in the ocr textbook to make sure i actually knew it, but i dont have a clueeee where to start or how to structure it or anything!
    i know the info just not what to put in the questions
    (
    I've been revising involuntary manslaughter today too, so the OCR book, if we have the same one there is two problem questions at the end of the section. Raul, Dr Smith and Margaret is one of them.

I've uploaded my essay for this question for you to have a look at, I hope it's helpful!
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc invol manslaughter essay.doc (34.5 KB, 3880 views)

ReputationRep:
    Not going to lie people, i hate law!

ReputationRep:
    Same, can't wait till the 25th. NO LAW AGAIN. EVER.

ReputationRep:
    I've got this exam on the 17th (OCR) and then the special study on the 25th, which is on topics from offences against the person.... This that mean I don’t have to revise these topics for the criminal law paper? and only for the special study.

I've got notes on everything but Offences against the person so was wondering if i could leave it till after the criminal law exam or do i need to pull a few all nighters to get the topic done for the 17th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lekhi)
    I've got this exam on the 17th (OCR) and then the special study on the 25th, which is on topics from offences against the person.... This that mean I don’t have to revise these topics for the criminal law paper? and only for the special study.

I've got notes on everything but Offences against the person so was wondering if i could leave it till after the criminal law exam or do i need to pull a few all nighters to get the topic done for the 17th.
    It could still come up on the 17th I'm afraid!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chapter One)
    I've been revising involuntary manslaughter today too, so the OCR book, if we have the same one there is two problem questions at the end of the section. Raul, Dr Smith and Margaret is one of them.

I've uploaded my essay for this question for you to have a look at, I hope it's helpful!
    aw thank you so much!
    yeh it is helpful

ReputationRep:
    Ok, My teacher has said:

section a - maybe attempts, invol manslaughter and duress
    section b - always - causation or theft and burglary or oapa and self-defence -
    section c - dilemma boards can be anything!

Hope this helps some people.

ReputationRep:
    I've been told that the property offences are likely to be in problem question format! i hope theft and burglary comes up!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, My teacher has said:

section a - maybe attempts, invol manslaughter and duress
    section b - always - causation or theft and burglary or oapa and self-defence -
    section c - dilemma boards can be anything!

Hope this helps some people.
    THANKYOUUUUU, i'm so scared
    i know causation, attempts, invol mans +oapa, looks like an all night for meeeee :/

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 17, 2010

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.