First solo drive after passing test Watch

tobie123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Did you go out in the car the day you passed your driving test? Did you go on your own or pick up a car full of mates, and where did you go? Were you nervous driving for the first time without an instructor or just excited?
jumpingjesusholycow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was driving round a bit before I got my licence

*whistles* :ninja:

(relax people, no one's dead, I was young and stupid)
WelshTerminator
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I passed my test, drove my mum to work then drove to college (about 12 miles away) then drove into town with some mates (another 1.5 miles) then drove home. A few days later I took a group of friends to the next big town (somewhere between 30 and 35 miles away).

I had been driving a scooter for a year and a half though so I was pretty used to driving on my own.
nnnomi
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I didn't drive for 3 months after I passed my test (because I didn't have a car).

So the first time I drove after passing my test, I was crap. Stalled quite a few times hehe.
tldr22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
first tym i drove after i past was 6 months later , i wasnt insured tho and was v drunk lol haha
username301959
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I passed my test last Friday, but I'm not insured on my Dad's car as a full-licence holder, because I'm still waiting for my licence to arrive from the DVLA.
dannicottell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I went out the day after cos I was too scared the day I passed! But I went out on my own, and it was fine. I panic when people I don't normally drive around are in the car lol.
one to one
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I passed my test last Friday, but I'm not insured on my Dad's car as a full-licence holder, because I'm still waiting for my licence to arrive from the DVLA.
You were given your temporary full licence on Friday, it's the blue sheet of paper!
As soon as the Examiner signed it, you were fully licenced.

one to one
Bobifier
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Due to an unfortunate combination of circumstances I had to take a long and complicated journey the first time I went solo. I ended up getting on the right motorway but in the wrong direction, had a panic attack and drove home, at which point my mother took me to where I needed to be. I've somehow managed to get over it, but it was not pleasant.
emma2308
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did, then three days later i drove the 2 hours to Thorpe Park it did take me 4 attempts to pass though so i was really comfortable after doing a million hours of lessons!!
Jingers
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Bobifier)
Due to an unfortunate combination of circumstances I had to take a long and complicated journey the first time I went solo. I ended up getting on the right motorway but in the wrong direction, had a panic attack and drove home, at which point my mother took me to where I needed to be. I've somehow managed to get over it, but it was not pleasant.
You mean you went north instead of south? Or did you go nuts and drove on the wrong side?
fran-heart
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I passed in the morning, dropped my brother at the pub at night and drove back on my own.
Lucyyy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I went for a drive on the day I passed, it involved some very dodgy parking and an interesting right turn at a crossroads, but was pretty okay other than that. I wasn't nervous at all, think my mum was though.. it being her car and all.
Rich_183
Badges: 15
Report 8 years ago
I went out for a nice long drive down some country roads near my house was so great!!!
username301959
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by one to one)
You were given your temporary full licence on Friday, it's the blue sheet of paper!
As soon as the Examiner signed it, you were fully licenced.

one to one
Yeah, but to renew my insurance, I need my new licence number, which I can only get from my licence I think. I'll check.
one to one
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Thanks for the reply.

You don't get a New Driver Number, it's the same one that was on your Provisional.

one to one
Don John
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tobie123)
Did you go out in the car the day you passed your driving test? Did you go on your own or pick up a car full of mates, and where did you go? Were you nervous driving for the first time without an instructor or just excited?
I drove a couple of weeks after, when I got insurance on my mum's car. Total driving time in my life = 12 weeks
username301959
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by one to one)
Thanks for the reply.

You don't get a New Driver Number, it's the same one that was on your Provisional.

one to one
Oh OK, thanks. And to think I've been cycling to and from school this past week!
Jonpickles
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I drove to places maybe like a hour away on my first like 4 weekends with my dad, he wanted to take me on all different roads and different conditions

Really helped me actually
one to one
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No probs, in fact you have up to 2 years to swap your Provisional for the Pinkie, if you forget to do so, then you will revert to provisional status.
Believe it or not, some individuals were getting caught out, so the DVLA provides the service(if you want them to),so that this is less likely to happen. The cost is included in the Test Fee whether you pass or fail. a couple of years ago it was £4.50.
Hope this helps

one to one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (154)
45.43%
Pro-humanity (185)
54.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed