Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I bought this pair of shoes which I found in my local TK Maxx reduced from £170 to £35 but now I'm wondering if they are actually women's after my brother asked me. So are they? How do you know? Does it matter? :holmes:

Tbh, they're not as bright irl as the first two photos imply.

(Original post by paddy)
    I like all things red.
    What do you think btw? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    lmao yes.

Actually, doesn't the pope wear something like that? :p:

ReputationRep:
    I think they might be for females, I dislike them anyway. =/

ReputationRep:
    They look like mens shoes to me. Sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    lmao yes.

Actually, doesn't the pope wear something like that? :p:
    I have no idea. :nothing:

(Original post by Sayers)
    They look like mens shoes to me. Sorry.
    There's no need to apologise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    I have no idea. :nothing:
    I took the liberty of googling it for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_shoes

ReputationRep:
    They look like mens shoes to me, but they also look horrible, each to their own I guess

ReputationRep:
    lol, they look like something old grannys would wear sorryy! but i guess it depends on what you style them with.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them but I think they are women's shoes.

A woman could conceivably wear them, but I can't see a man wearing those. With the exception of the pope, but he wears a dress anyway.

ReputationRep:
    They look like male ones. Don't worry about what they look like, they're only slippers, as long as they're comfy. Just don't pop to the shops in them :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea which gender those shoes are for, but it doesn't affect the fact I think they're fugly.

ReputationRep:
    Hideous shoes. Bin them.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think they're hideous. I think they're womens shoes, and they could look really good depending on what you style them with

ReputationRep:
    I think they're mens!
    I like them!

How would you be wearing them, like with what?

ReputationRep:
    I've only ever seen guys wear that style of shoe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I took the liberty of googling it for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_shoes
    lmao! :rofl:

Come on, really? I don't know if they're male or female but they're awful. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I bought this pair of shoes which I found in my local TK Maxx reduced from £170 to £35 but now I'm wondering if they are actually women's after my brother asked me. So are they? How do you know? Does it matter? :holmes:

Tbh, they're not as bright irl as the first two photos imply.

What do you think btw? :holmes:
    I think the disparity between the colour in the first two photos and the 3rd is rather perplexing :holmes:

I am currently considering buying a pair of red loafers myself, although I wouldn't go for bright red in this particular kind of shoe (I say that because my favourite pair of shoes are a pair of vintage bright-ish red Nikes), more like a dark red/maroon. But yeah, I can't really say what I think of those shoes considering I have no idea what shade of red they are

Also I'm fairly sure I have a suit made by the same designer (standard black suit with subtle pinstripes, not quite as bold as those shoes) which would make me think that those shoes are for men :fyi:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I think the disparity between the colour in the first two photos and the 3rd is rather perplexing :holmes:

I am currently considering buying a pair of red loafers myself, although I wouldn't go for bright red in this particular kind of shoe (I say that because my favourite pair of shoes are a pair of vintage bright-ish red Nikes), more like a dark red/maroon. But yeah, I can't really say what I think of those shoes considering I have no idea what shade of red they are

Also I'm fairly sure I have a suit made by the same designer (standard black suit with subtle pinstripes, not quite as bold as those shoes) which would make me think that those shoes are for men :fyi:
    :fyi: The first two photos were taken with a flash.

What is the name of the designer as I can't make it out from the font and I've tried guessing? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    :fyi: The first two photos were taken with a flash.

What is the name of the designer as I can't make it out from the font and I've tried guessing? :holmes:
    Something ventura? Idk, I got it from a shop on Oxford Street that sells all kinds of designer suits for cheaps. It came with a red velvet hanger though :beard:

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.