Watch
This discussion is closed.
caz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Bigcnee)
If you honestly think that, then good luck to you.

Free speech - no matter how idiotic - must be allowed.

Just dont smoke near me.
read the thread, dude
caz
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
O don't be a **** your whole life. EVERYONE knows that use of the word "Americans" relates to persons from the USA. Whoever looked at a Brazilian or Peurto Rican and said - look at the American.
So yeh, if you want to be perdantic, SOUTH Americans invented it. That is people not from the USA or the lands which the USA now encompasses.
It's no wonder I've been getting confused, I didn't realise just what a pedantic gimp you were being.
I'm not wrong. Suoth Americans ie The Incas (from Andes) and the Mayans (actually more from Central American regions) and perhaps even the Aztecs. These were the civilisations first recorded as having used tobacco.

As for infinity, I apologise for being quite disrespectful w.r.t native americans. However, one can only go with the bulk of evidence, which all suggests it developed in South American. I've read it a load of times before, but I can't find a webpage with it on.
It is an interesting Arch and Anth enigma though. Why did the Chinese, Japanese and Europeans all develop...but North Americans and Africans did not.
J
shut up quit talking to me, u have no intelligence. and yes, a lot of people think of americans as being people in america, but if you knew anything about other cultures, just about every other foreign language considers southamerica american, including a lot of english people as well, although you UK people say otherwise...we will never get along
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As for infinity, I apologise for being quite disrespectful w.r.t native americans. However, one can only go with the bulk of evidence, which all suggests it developed in South American. I've read it a load of times before, but I can't find a webpage with it on.
It is an interesting Arch and Anth enigma though. Why did the Chinese, Japanese and Europeans all develop...but North Americans and Africans did not.
J
all develop what?
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
all develop what?
technology as a whole. like writing. (ie like when you play civilisation)
J
PS colossus was so the best wonder
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by caz)
shut up quit talking to me, u have no intelligence. and yes, a lot of people think of americans as being people in america, but if you knew anything about other cultures, just about every other foreign language considers southamerica american, including a lot of english people as well, although you UK people say otherwise...we will never get along
Sorry, don't buy it. You could try polling it if you don't believe me though.
J
JSM
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
technology as a whole. like writing. (ie like when you play civilisation)
J
PS colossus was so the best wonder
read guns, germs and steel by . . . I have forgotten. Basically becausee of climate and therefore east - west diffusion of ideas along trade (and crop routes) which is why N- S countires didnt
Jamie
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by JSM)
read guns, germs and steel by . . . I have forgotten. Basically becausee of climate and therefore east - west diffusion of ideas along trade (and crop routes) which is why N- S countires didnt
Doesnt explain why the chinese didnt go there though. mind you, dont know if they were much of seafarers
J
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (49)
14.24%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (47)
13.66%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (126)
36.63%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (35)
10.17%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (68)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
5.52%

Watched Threads