Turn on thread page Beta

Geek2Geek - Internet Dating for Geeks watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.gk2gk.com/

Stumbled across this as a Google Ad whilst reading PhD Comics. Do any geeks out there want to date a geek? What exactly defines a geek? I mean a couple of people on there seem to revel in their pseudogeekiness, when really, they just appear to have read 2 comics about robots.

Will you be hoping to find a fellow geek on this website?

ReputationRep:
    I created an account on there very similar to my OKCupid account awhile ago. Had to close it because I was getting way too many messages off geeky girls. Give me a min, i'll find you a screenshot..

ReputationRep:
    You don't need that, just use TSR.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    I created an account on there very similar to my OKCupid account awhile ago. Had to close it because I was getting way too many messages off geeky girls. Give me a min, i'll find you a screenshot..

I spy with my little eye an IT Crowd reference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riotgrrl)
    You don't need that, just use TSR.
    what people use TSR for dating that has to be a bad move.
    Although I wouldnt as I usualy end up telling female TSRians to go back to the kitchen :cool:
    PS: im not a chauvanist......Its just for the LOLZ

ReputationRep:
    Urghh, had a look around. The whole thing screams of "Geek chic" ********. A decent amount of people I know have adopted some sort of "geek" persona now. By "geek" I mean they wear Star Wars shirts, make references to Pokemon, Harry Potter and 6 year old internet memes and wear those stupid ******* plastic glasses with no lenses in them.

Put these people in front of a computer that can't access Facebook and they'd have no clue what to do though.

ReputationRep:
    So where do I sign up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatmonte)
    Although I wouldnt as I usualy end up telling female TSRians to go back to the kitchen :cool:
    It was a joke.
    Although I did actually meet my boyfriend on TSR, and he met his two girlfriends before me on TSR too, so obviously it does actually work somewhat :p:

(Original post by fink)
    Urghh, had a look around. The whole thing screams of "Geek chic" ********. A decent amount of people I know have adopted some sort of "geek" persona now. By "geek" I mean they wear Star Wars shirts, make references to Pokemon, Harry Potter and 6 year old internet memes and wear those stupid ******* plastic glasses with no lenses in them.

Put these people in front of a computer that can't access Facebook and they'd have no clue what to do though.
    I really really ******* hate how everyone likes to claim they're a geek nowadays. "I'm not going out tonight because I have an exam in the morning I need to cram for LOL I'M SUCH A GEEK".

**** off.

There have been loads and loads of TSR couples. Especially in the backroom. There's even a TSR baby. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    It was a joke.
    Although I did actually meet my boyfriend on TSR, and he met his two girlfriends before me on TSR too, so obviously it does actually work somewhat :p:
    Sorry but that is just sad.

ReputationRep:
    It was a joke.
    Was it love at first byte (of the download of his profile pic)? Damn I'm witty today! :cool:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thank you, thank you, I'm here till Monday!

ReputationRep:
    Most of them say 'gamer'. That'd be great - ''lets be in a relationship! Just going to play WoW for 23 hrs..."

ReputationRep:
    I just found one of my friends on there using the location search option

Would it be cruel to prank her?

ReputationRep:
    Reue has met 2 previous GFs through TSR. Good times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocothunder)
    Was it love at first byte (of the download of his profile pic)? Damn I'm witty today! :cool:

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Thank you, thank you, I'm here till Monday!
    That was so awful it did actually make me laugh, so thanks for that xD

(Original post by Maturity)
    Sorry but that is just sad.
    Meh, we're happy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JessicaW)
    There have been loads and loads of TSR couples. Especially in the backroom. There's even a TSR baby. :moon:
    WOW a TSR baby.
    I can just see him/her getting 15 A*s laughing at people who go to ex-polies correcting peoples grammar constantly asking questions about islam giving random people pictures of himself asking them if he/she is fat then asking if he/she if its ok to go out with black people.
    ........only joking I love TSR
    +whats this backroom that everyone talks about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Most of them say 'gamer'. That'd be great - ''lets be in a relationship! Just going to play WoW for 23 hrs..."
    The trick is to get your partner to play. That way you get to go raiding with the guild in epic dungeon battles and spend time together. And who says romance is dead eh? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fire2burn)
    I just found one of my friends on there using the location search option

Would it be cruel to prank her?
    OMG that would be so cruel lol don't do it! I would die of shame if that happened to me....I was sort of thinking of signing up lol

ReputationRep:
    I had a look, just for fun, and the first result was actually a pretty cute guy :beard:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.