Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I live in a rented house and have had the same mattress since I was very young. It was second hand when I received it so it's pretty old (I'm 17 now). I've recently started noticed red mosquito looking bite things on my legs (about 4 originally). They're not swollen but they itch and have been bleeding. I didn't know what it was at first, and I'm still not sure, but I've noticed new ones appearing when I wake up in the morning. I'm not sure if it couldbe any other flies that roam my room in the evening either. My sister who shares a room with me hasn't had this either...
    Does anyone know if I can find out for sure if it's bed bugs? I want to know for sure before I spend £200+ on a new mattress (I want a fairly decent one as I don't want back problems later on in life). Plus I'm pretty tight on money at the moment.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Google it.

Bed bugs are large, you'd notice them or their excrement etc. They also wouldn't stay in one bed, and getting a new mattress wouldn't get rid of them.

ReputationRep:
    This made me cringe. I think its time for a new matress anyway TBH

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.