Turn on thread page Beta

Social Anxiety watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I didnt realy know where to ask this,Hope it is the right place and that someone can help me.

For years ive been suffering with depression and Social Anxiety ever since i moved high schools half way through sitting my GCSEs and didnt know anyone there...i was not bullied or anything but i could tell that people were laughing at me because i was sort of a loner as nobody realy wanted to know me...on top of that i was stressed because i couldnt choose the courses i wanted to study for GCSE as they were all full so i had to choose things i wasnt intrested :cool:

One day when i finished school i just came home and broke down in tears because i didnt enjoy it, and on top of that i had them laughing and making jokes all the time thats what sparked my Anxiety off,And it just wont go away....its ruining my life and is holding me back,I never used to be like this but i just dont know what to do,My parents know about it and say "Its all in my head" which yes it is but they dont understand whats its like....i cant see what a doctor could do other than give me anti-dipreasants...which i dont want!

When im in crowded places i feel like people are watching/lauging at me all the time,also i get very nervous and get red blotchy patches on my neck and chest when i get stressed...im having driving lessons atm and every lesson when i finish the lesson and get in the house,i look at myself in the mirror and im all blotched up its very annoying.

realy im just lost what to do...:cool:

ReputationRep:
    First prize for incongruous use of a smiley.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry what?...id appreciate some actual helpfull feedback.

Im not messing about here,Im been serius.

ReputationRep:
    welcome home
    TSR is a very socially anxious bunch

as for tips, there must be some people you are not socially anxious around- family, close friend, family

just picture your family and the way you are not arsed around them

sorry I am not good at giving advise

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnblue)
    welcome home
    TSR is a very socially anxious bunch

as for tips, there must be some people you are not socially anxious around- family, close friend, family

just picture your family and the way you are not arsed around them

sorry I am not good at giving advise

lolwut.

OP, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this, it seems a lot of psychological problems stem from high school.
    I would recommend seeing a therapist instead of going on anti-depressants. I felt like anti-d's didn't help me at all but I have something completely different wrong with me.

Hope this link helps...
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Tips-for-Dea...Social-Anxiety

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.