Turn on thread page Beta

Moving to London from US- can only bring 20 items- what to bring? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have two suitcases, and need to fit my entire wardrobe in there. I will be a grad student next year in London and I'm not sure what to pack? What are your absolute must-have fashion items? (I'm looking to get as many different out fits with mix-n-matches as possible)

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Raincoat
    Umbrella
    Wellies
    Thick Socks
    Several warm jumpers
    Another raincoat for when the other is too wet
    Gloves and woolly hats

ReputationRep:
    why can you only bring over 20 items?

ReputationRep:
    a gun and 19 rounds

diversity doesn't stand up to well to hot lead (proven track record in london)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vnupe)
    I agree

But anyway, i would bring..
    1. a huge warm coat, maybe with a duvet sown inside for extra protection!
    2. a mobile phone
    3. some lucky charms, good luck finding them in england
    4. loads of money so i could buy some clothes here
    5. my tv
    6. laptop
    7. documentation of all kinds
    8. dvd player
    9. make-up
    10. pj's
    11. wellies!
    12. photo's from home
    13. my teddy :cool:
    14. my duvet
    15. my pillows
    16. fave handbag
    17. socks
    18. sunnies
    19. one of those bendy plane pillows
    20. iPod

ReputationRep:
    You can disregard anything white, because the pollution is quite bad. Wear a white shirt, and by the end of the day it will be grey.

You must bring a knife. Even if you aren't attacked or mugged, just knowing you have it will make you feel much better when some prick stares you out on the underground. You can think to yourself "Keep your eyes to yourself, or else I'll shove that briefcase up your arse".

What is your motivation for moving to London? What are you studying? What do you want to do for a career? It is important to constantly remind yourself of this, and that the ends justify the means, because London is a hole, full of turds and idiots. For example, if you want to become a NASCAR driver, have a picture of a NASCAR on your wall so that you can remind yourself of why you are in London in the first place. This will be handy for when it has been raining all day, some turd stole your wallet, and some idiot jumped infront of a train, causing you to be delayed for three hours on the underground, while some turd with a briefcase stared at you.

Also have a picture of somewhere nice and sunny, where the people are smiling, so that you will remember that there is good in the world, and that not everywhere is a hole like London.

Bring money to afford storage. In London, if there is space, they will build something there. You must remember to never moon someone in London, because if you are spotted, there will be planning permission granted for your ass crack, and before you know it there will be new appartments built between your bum cheeks.

Also bring a cat, or a massive rat, so that it will eat the smaller rats. You will have to feed it plenty of cheese, because like most Londoners, they will become disloyal quickly if not sufficiently rewarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vnupe)
    Anti-terrorism act 2003.

Apparently, the 21st item is always a bomb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRealDarthVader)
    You can disregard anything white, because the pollution is quite bad. Wear a white shirt, and by the end of the day it will be grey.

You must bring a knife. Even if you aren't attacked or mugged, just knowing you have it will make you feel much better when some prick stares you out on the underground. You can think to yourself "Keep your eyes to yourself, or else I'll shove that briefcase up your arse".

What is your motivation for moving to London? What are you studying? What do you want to do for a career? It is important to constantly remind yourself of this, and that the ends justify the means, because London is a hole, full of turds and idiots. For example, if you want to become a NASCAR driver, have a picture of a NASCAR on your wall so that you can remind yourself of why you are in London in the first place. This will be handy for when it has been raining all day, some turd stole your wallet, and some idiot jumped infront of a train, causing you to be delayed for three hours on the underground, while some turd with a briefcase stared at you.

Also have a picture of somewhere nice and sunny, where the people are smiling, so that you will remember that there is good in the world, and that not everywhere is a hole like London.

Bring money to afford storage. In London, if there is space, they will build something there. You must remember to never moon someone in London, because if you are spotted, there will be planning permission granted for your ass crack, and before you know it there will be new appartments built between your bum cheeks.

Also bring a cat, or a massive rat, so that it will eat the smaller rats. You will have to feed it plenty of cheese, because like most Londoners, they will become disloyal quickly if not sufficiently rewarded.
    This is poetry.

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving to London as well (in Sept from the US) and I've decided to take only my best things... Not sure how many items that will be though. Guess I'll find out when I start packing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome-o)
    Anti-terrorism act 2003.

Apparently, the 21st item is always a bomb.
    hehehehehe hilarious!

ReputationRep:
    A gun and 19 rounds of ammunition.

Pessimism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yankeechic321)
    I have two suitcases, and need to fit my entire wardrobe in there. I will be a grad student next year in London and I'm not sure what to pack? What are your absolute must-have fashion items? (I'm looking to get as many different out fits with mix-n-matches as possible)

Thanks!
    Well I definitely agree with what has been stated by the posters but how could they forget the most essential item every London should have in his pocket:

Durex

Do not come to London without that.

Or alternatively you could use other brands from where you come from. You will come across as a more interesting character once you come into contact with females of your species. Maybe they will have a different feel and maybe it will be an exciting, new experience for your partner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yankeechic321)

Thanks!
    I dont know why everybody is saying to bring all this thick warm stuff because we actually get really hot humid weather too, if your into designer, get your gear in your own country, over here you will be paying double, even triple for it. Any big coats leave out, and buy once you get here, that is just taking up space you dont need to waste.
    Also, could you not post some clothes to yourself from home? but it all depends on what you really want to bring over here. Weather is unpredictable we can have heatwave and rain in one day, so be versatile with your clothes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Raincoat
    Umbrella
    Wellies
    Thick Socks
    Several warm jumpers
    Gloves and woolly hats
    THis

This can be perfect August attire

OP - he means sweaters when he says jumpers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phobia27)
    Raincoat
    Umbrella
    Wellies
    Thick Socks
    Several warm jumpers
    Gloves and woolly hats

beat me to it :p:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.