Turn on thread page Beta

HELP boyfriend drunk too much wont stop vomiting, how can i help him? watch

Announcements

what helps - he's been to the kitchen loads (we're in halls at uni) duno how much he's actually thrown up since being there though. Says he doesn't think he can even stomach some water I don't drink too often (only a few times a year) and if I do feel sick a couple times and it's out and then it's OK. I just wana help him

Also he kept going on bout how he feels he doesn't deserve me and was hinting (though didn't say outright) about leaving me. But I can decide who deserves me and who doesn't! Said he feels this way all the time, always thinks about it. I guess a drunken state just exaggerates this? I don't want us to end

ReputationRep:
    water and bucket beside him

ReputationRep:
    you wont end just keep vomoting, give him fruit and water

ReputationRep:
    Get him to upchuck the lot, and once he's finished puking. He needs to drink water. he's going to be incredibly dehydrated otherwise and it's this dehydration that causes the feeling of intoxication in the brain. If you can, try and get some food in him as well. It's a cliche, but just bread would fine. It'l absorbant, not exactly got much flavour and will hopefully stay down. It'll take away the horrible feeling of having an empty stomache and dry retching.

Lastly, just keep calm. He's not going to die, relax lol.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure he doesn't choke on his vom, get him to drink water, tell him to not be such a ******* idiot next time.

ReputationRep:
    Call an ambulance stupid drunks costing the tax payer so much

ReputationRep:
    Hmmmmmmm, if its still vomiting tommorow afternoon then I'd call an ambulance. just use cushions to make sure he sleeps on his side cuz u dnt wnt him to choke to death...

ReputationRep:
    Let him throw it all up. Don't think there's anything to do except wait it out, then put him to bed and let him sleep it off. Maybe try getting him to eat when he feels a little better? Something like pasta. But only if you think he's past the throwing up stage.

I'm sure he'll be more likely to listen to reason when he's sober.

How do you know when too much is too much? You know? How do you know when that's the limit or if you've crossed it.

ReputationRep:
    he needs to keep throwing up until he can't be sick any more. needs water and bread. when he stops, help him get to bed and leave water and a bucket and check on him in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    He's not going to leave you, he's just pissed and vulnerable. Him throwing up isnt necessarily a scary thing, he's got to get it out of his body (hell, they make you drink charcoal in hospital so you do, its horrendous). Let him be sick and when he's finished, he absolutely has to drink water, because he's going to be incredibly dehydrated. Do not leave him alone in this state though.

In the morning, if you have any fruit at hand, such as bananas and oranges, have him eat those because potassium and vitamin c are good for for hangovers - as much as he would love a fry up.

He's kinda passed out next to my toilet lol (I have a small ensuite bathroom). And he's on his side. Put water next to him. Hopefully he will feel much better tomorrow. That's why I don't drink too often, because I'm a real pussy with pain and just can't stand putting my body through it if it's unnecessary. Why do so many people push themselves to that point? Do they just not care as much as me/think the positive outweighs the negative.

Hopefully tomorrow he will stop talking that nonsense about not deserving me...

(Original post by Antonia87)
    He's not going to leave you, he's just pissed and vulnerable. Him throwing up isnt necessarily a scary thing, he's got to get it out of his body (hell, they make you drink charcoal in hospital so you do, its horrendous). Let him be sick and when he's finished, he absolutely has to drink water, because he's going to be incredibly dehydrated.

In the morning, if you have any fruit at hand, such as bananas and oranges, have him eat those because potassium and vitamin c are good for for hangovers - as much as he would love a fry up.
    Ew really, have you had to do that (drink charcoal)? Well I just worry because occasionally he does bring up his insecurities about himself. He's not usually one to open up about anything feeling-related, it just comes out randomly. It just makes me worry it's always on the back of his mind. Like I said though, I can judge whether I deserve him or not, just wish he could see that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ew really, have you had to do that (drink charcoal)? Well I just worry because occasionally he does bring up his insecurities about himself. He's not usually one to open up about anything feeling-related, it just comes out randomly. It just makes me worry it's always on the back of his mind. Like I said though, I can judge whether I deserve him or not, just wish he could see that.
    Yeah my own boyfriend used to be a heavy drug user and drinker, and the times he ended up in hospital, they made him drink charcoal and he'd throw up for about an hour until absolutely nothing was left in his stomach.

Your guy may bring up insecurites occasionally, but when someone's drunk and insecure the whole thing is over-dramatised. By the sounds of it, he probably wont even remember what he said tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Puke it all up. Then take down a litre of water. This will mean no dehydration hangover the next morning

ReputationRep:
    DON'T KEEP GIVING HIM WATER IF HE'S THROWING IT BACK UP.
    This happened to my ex once, he ended up chucking up blood, so we phone NHS direct and they told us to ring an ambulance.
    The paramedic said that we shouldn't have given him so much water and that he had burst a blood vessel in his stomach.
    Just let him chuck up, then feed him something.

ReputationRep:
    wtf, take him to hospital? GIVE HIM SOME FRUIT?! How many of you lot have actually been in this situ?! Clearly some of you have not.
    Bucket by his bed, make sure he's sleeping on his side and watch him till he falls asleep (shouldn't be long)
    TRY to get him to drink water, but I doubt he will until the morning.

Also, I have told my friends a LOT of **** when I'm drunk, so take the 'I'm gonna leave you' think with a pinch of salt, he probs doesn't mean it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isawsparks89)
    wtf, take him to hospital? GIVE HIM SOME FRUIT?! How many of you lot have actually been in this situ?! Clearly some of you have not.Bucket by his bed, make sure he's sleeping on his side and watch him till he falls asleep (shouldn't be long)
    TRY to get him to drink water, but I doubt he will until the morning.

Also, I have told my friends a LOT of **** when I'm drunk, so take the 'I'm gonna leave you' think with a pinch of salt, he probs doesn't mean it.
    Erm... considering people do end up in hospital from drinking too much every week I dont see whats so controversial about suggesting it (although I wouldnt have myself, but its hardly out-of-this-world).

And fruit is beneficial to hangovers - http://alcoholism.about.com/od/hangovers/a/cures.htm
    There's plenty of links (and my own experience, thanks to advice from my GP) that suggest this.
    So stop being so ******* patronising.

ReputationRep:
    You want something like BREAD to soak up the alcohol. God knows it'd be more appealing in that state too.

(Original post by isawsparks89)
    You want something like BREAD to soak up the alcohol. God knows it'd be more appealing in that state too.
    Oh no, she meant give fruit the morning after, not during the vomiting session at night. He's not a big fruit and veg eater lol I'm giving him a couple of mandarins and some biscuit/cracker things with water when he wakes up.

Again, thank you soo much everyone

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.