Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlouisedoll)
    Is it weird that I'm envious of the people who've already gone back to school? I'm sick of sitting at home doing nothing all the time..I just want to get on with starting my A levels and making lots of new friends now!
    Not weird at all! I'm chomping at the bit to start 6th form! I can't wait for the experience to begin! Not weird at all.

ReputationRep:
    I have to go in for induction on 2nd September, but school starts on the 5th September.

ReputationRep:
    Actually for the first time ever I am kind of looking forward to starting after summer holidays! It's been so long, I'm all rested and ready to go!

I'm going for another interview tomorrow, don't know what to expect (maybe will show where everything is?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anightowl)
    Actually for the first time ever I am kind of looking forward to starting after summer holidays! It's been so long, I'm all rested and ready to go!

I'm going for another interview tomorrow, don't know what to expect (maybe will show where everything is?)
    Yeah; the usual. :rolleyes: Don't be surprised if they start selling the school and boasting about all these magical qualities it has. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelated)
    Yeah; the usual. :rolleyes: Don't be surprised if they start selling the school and boasting about all these magical qualities it has. :rolleyes:
    They've already brought me in to do that twice, WE'RE THE ONLY SIXTH FORM IN THE CITY WHICH OWNS A MAGIC ELEPHANT blah blah blah. Now give us £150.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anightowl)
    They've already brought me in to do that twice, WE'RE THE ONLY SIXTH FORM IN THE CITY WHICH OWNS A MAGIC ELEPHANT blah blah blah. Now give us £150.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelated)
    That's not necessarily a good thing! I can feel my brain becoming numb! I'm turning into a zombie! :p: Need - to - work! Must - work - to - save - my - brain!! :p:
    Did you buy any text books to look at over the holidays? In fact, did anybody do this?! When I went to the induction at my old school, I ordered an AS Chemistry book but then they lied about when it would be in....I never bothered to go back a second time and see if it was there. Through the holidays I did sometimes feel like I wanted to do a bit of work, but then laziness kicked in, and no work was done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxXmowgliXxX)
    im back to school
    oh yeah... gcses here i come... :mad:
    ya will be grand! dont worry bout it :p: you've got like 1-2 years to go :p: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    im noyt sure what date it is but al i know is i have to go next week thursday.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know whether you get a lot of work during the first week or 2? Cos that would be lethal for my brain - to suddenly have lots of work to do after 2 months just being there for..er...decoration....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piggy)
    Does anyone know whether you get a lot of work during the first week or 2? Cos that would be lethal for my brain - to suddenly have lots of work to do after 2 months just being there for..er...decoration....
    Good question, I was wondering about that too..

ReputationRep:
    My friend went back yesterday, I was like, 'The insanity of it all! It's August!' The other year she started on the 26th of August :eek: How mad.

I have to start on Tuesday, and I really really don't want to! I used to kinda look forward to September (I still do only because it means buying new stationery, the pilgrimage to WHSmith, yeah baby! :p: ) 'coz I'd be kind of interested to see people again (the same way you dread a Monday morning but kinda look forward to it 'coz you get to gossip with your mates)...but I have no friends now 'coz I've gotta go big school!

The latest I went back was the 13th, I think...that was sweet

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.