Fake Tan.. quick help needed! Watch

haithere
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Ok I'm a first timer with fake tan, don't usually bother. However, last night I put some on (to go out tonight). It's Clarins build up stuff, but it's gone streaky (despite getting my mum to do it who uses it fairly often).

What do I do now? Put more on in the places it's not streaky? If I do that.. I'm worried it'll go even more streaky and tonight will be a disaster.

Alternatively, should I go out and buy a decent instant one, that I can put on this afternoon before going out? If so, what's a decent brand to use? Preferably one that I can see going on..

Thanks.
Haylz_xxx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
whatever you do, don't apply fake tan over it if its already streaky!!!

Firstly remove your streaky tan - you can buy special tan remover, but I just use an exfoliator or exfoliating gloves.

As for the instant tan, I use the Rimmel one. You can see it going on so can layer it up to get the colour you want, but it comes in three shades anyway. use it with a tanning mit, around £3-4 in boots etc, and you should get a nice even colour.

The only downside is that it does rub off onto light coloured clothes, but a bit of stain remover the day after works a treat.

Hope this helps
brookley2010
Report 8 years ago
Don't bother with a fake tan. It looks ridiculous. Go get a proper tan, but don't buy a sunbed and get a tan unsupervised.
dam.p
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
do you know what helps?
rub the streaks with nail polish remover.
Honestly, it works.
x
MissHero
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Haha I had this happen to me the morning of my graduation, cue panic - I'd say the best thing is to buy one of the 'leg makeup' style tans (they wash off in the shower, and cover rather than 'stain' your legs) - l'oreal glam bronzer is a good one, it stays on well when you need it to, use that tonight, then take it all off tomorrow and try using a taning mitt with the clarins stuff in future, to help you put it on more evenly. Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1621)
79.15%
Leave (427)
20.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise