Turn on thread page Beta

Girls and University, hyped up ? watch

Hi all,

I am going to university in October after taking my gap year. Now my gap year has been quite good, working in central london for a big consultancy etc. The only problem with this is that I have had no contact with women outside of work for almost a year, and as every male, I have become quite frustrated about this. It also means that when I am at uni, i would really like to be able to date girls (and by date I mean poontang).

But are girls and university hyped up ? A friend of mine says that girls in clubs are far too easy to get, as they are drunk most of the time, whilst the good looking girls tend to be exclusive toward sportsmen. They also say that a fair number of girls have gone onto the whole 'i'm an independent woman' bandwagon, refusing to date/have sex or any form of physical relations, essentially being a **** test 100% of the time. I am not a sportsman (I go to the gym and swim but thats pretty much as far as it goes) and I am not extremely good looking, so I know it wont be easy. However, what are your experiences with girls at uni ?

for example

- Is the whole 'freshers week' thing completely hyped up ? Is it worth it, considering the girls you get with will usually be quite drunk ?

-Are girls more open to dating in university, or does it become more complicated?

-are they more selective in university, making it the same situation as if you were in a 6th form college (ie. sportsmen, musicians get first pick)

-Or are girls at university smarter and more open to different types of men ?

-How do you go about getting women at university, do you pull mostly in clubs ?

excuse me if i am a bit of a n00b to this, but I have only had one gf who i broke up with when she moved countries, and have been out of the game for a while.

What uni are you going to? You might get some better answers.

ReputationRep:
    There is no magical qualitative change that occurs in girls that make them slutty when they're at university.

If you wern't getting laid before university, you won't get laid at university.

The only difference is the fact that you'll probably have a higher quantity of girls in your proximity making relationships more likely. That is all.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I have only had one gf who i broke up with when she moved countries
    Ah, that's the oldest dumping excuse in the book. I bet she's just been hiding from you.

ReputationRep:
    Uni is what you make of it. Personally my course, seeing th local area and meeting new people without pressures or expectations of sex comes first.

ReputationRep:
    I am not a sportsman
    So become one? Rugby players get pick of the poon

If you aren't that good looking, go for a girl who also isn't that good looking. Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    go uni and see for yourself

ReputationRep:
    I would be concerned if you actually care about the issue you just raised.

University life is rather liberal, I'm not going to lie, but social interaction is a mere associate of your academic endeavour's - it should never act as an incentive for tertiary education or a contributive factor to your overall decision.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    -are they more selective in university, making it the same situation as if you were in a 6th form college (ie. sportsmen, musicians get first pick)
    I'm not sure there is a correlation between being 'smarter' as such and being more open to different types of men.

Compared to girls at an earlier age at school, yes, of course girls are going to be more mature (to differing degrees!) and (uni-dependant) more intelligent.
    Whether this helps your situation or not is less clear than you appear to think.

ReputationRep:
    for example

- Is the whole 'freshers week' thing completely hyped up ? Is it worth it, considering the girls you get with will usually be quite drunk ? Um.... it can be fun, but dont expect anything meaningful out of it. Also it is imo over-rated. Yes you go out and get stupidly drunk, might have a ONS or 2, but thats about it.

-Are girls more open to dating in university, or does it become more complicated? Most you'll come across say they dont want a relationship, particularity in 1st year. Its up to you to change their minds.

-are they more selective in university, making it the same situation as if you were in a 6th form college (ie. sportsmen, musicians get first pick) Of course, those who were attractive before dont stop becoming attractive, and the girls looks for the same/similar things. If your good looking, play sport, are interesting etc then these will be with you where-ever you go.

-Or are girls at university smarter and more open to different types of men ? There are lots of people from lots of backgrounds. Considering some of the lads and lasses ive seen get into relationships at uni there is hope for everyone.

-How do you go about getting women at university, do you pull mostly in clubs ? Um... however you want. Drunken kisses are obviously there if you want them, but I would say most of it is through sports clubs, socials, houseparties, friends of friends.

excuse me if i am a bit of a n00b to this, but I have only had one gf who i broke up with when she moved countries, and have been out of the game for a while.
    HTH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheKlassicsKid)
    So become one? Rugby players get pick of the poon
    what course did you get an offer from durham for?

ReputationRep:
    Freshers' Week can initially feel disappointing as it might seem that you're surrounded by a load of insufferable ***** with whom you've nothing in common. You'll be going to loads of clubs though, so yeah, there is a greater chance of a ons or whatever, but it pretty much depends on what you're like as a person. If you didn't do that kinda stuff before, you won't really be doing it there. As to relationships - there's a much higher chance of having one purely because you'll be surrounded by loads of people the same age.

ReputationRep:
    A girl that you meet on a one night stand basis isn't exactly going to care if you're a sportsman or a musician. It's a mix of being smart, funny and yeah, looks do come into it.
    As for more long term dating prospects, it's just about making connections. Finding someone will come much more naturally if you don't make it your soul aspiration at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Very. It's just universities spreading false rumors.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennyisrad)
    A girl that you meet on a one night stand basis isn't exactly going to care if you're a sportsman or a musician. It's a mix of being smart, funny and yeah, looks do come into it.
    As for more long term dating prospects, it's just about making connections. Finding someone will come much more naturally if you don't make it your soul aspiration at uni.
    loul !

Hi John, it's me, Samantha.
    I didn't move countries, I just couldn't bear your addiction to WoW or your lack of personal hygiene any longer, so I've been hiding in your basement for 3 years. Sorry about that k?

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous.... of course girls don't just go out with sporty guys! If she likes you, she likes you. My advice is; treat them like human beings not like a different species ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the Uni

ReputationRep:
    Freshers week is ******** bollox with cherries on top.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.