Turn on thread page Beta

Does a man defend or apologise? watch

Announcements

If you think you're right, do you defend or apologise?

Note: this is generic and has nothing to do with serious issues like cheating etc.

If your girlfriend thinks you've done something wrong (not listening properly/not caring) and it annoys her, yet you think that you've done nothing wrong... what do you do?

She says that if I love her as much as she loves me, I would care more about both of us than trying to defend myself.

If I apologise then it means that it's true - I don't care or I don't listen. I know why she got annoyed, she's explained that. However, I'm trying to make the point that I do care.

When she gets annoyed with me, I get annoyed because I disagree that she should get annoyed with me especially if I think there is no point.

"I'm thinking too much about defending my perfect-ness rather than caring how she feels."

Ok... break down to logic:

- she complains about me doing something that annoys her
    - so i've done something that annoys her
    - why does it annoy her?
    - she tells me why
    - now, why am i doing the something wrong that annoys her?
    - i explain why the something wrong happened.

This is now a big deal because I'm relentlessly trying to make sure she thinks that I do care and that what happened had nothing to do with not caring or not listening enough.

Is a man just supposed to apologise to his girlfriend - whether he's right or wrong? She offers me so much of herself that for the rest of my life I just have to shutup and go along with whatever she says?

If you think you're right, do you defend or apologise?

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.