The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
haidoreru
5'4", size 8 tops (sometimes 6, depending on the cutting of the top, I suppose) and size 8 bottom (most of my bottoms are size 10 at the moment, but I've been able to pull them off even without unzipping them and they just hang on my hips...:s-smilie: I need a smaller size) and about 8st 2lbs the last time I checked.

I used to be a UK size 12 overall before I started uni though. :tongue: I've gradually lost 20lbs in less than 3 years - not doing any massive dieting but just eating healthier food.

Congrats to the weight loss! I am trying to lose 15-20 lbs myself.

How much did you weigh when you were a size 12 and how much do you weigh now?
Reply 41
dottie28
Congrats to the weight loss! I am trying to lose 15-20 lbs myself.

How much did you weigh when you were a size 12 and how much do you weigh now?

When I was size 12, I was a whopping 60 - 62 kg and my weight kept oscillating. Currently, my weight seems to have settled at around 52 kg (114lbs -ish).

My weight was actually around 50kg earlier this year but I've been going to the gym (usually run up to 10km on the treadmill, free weights and sit-ups) so I have put on a bit of weight. I'm getting slimmer though (at least that's what the current clothes I have tell me) so I'm guessing it's muscle mass?
I'm a size 8 in most things, 5'3" and weigh around 8 stone? Maybe a bit more atm but I'll be aiming to get back down to about 7st 10 anyway. I remain a size 8 all the way up to about 9 stone and then it's pushing it.
Reply 43
haidoreru
When I was size 12, I was a whopping 60 - 62 kg and my weight kept oscillating. Currently, my weight seems to have settled at around 52 kg (114lbs -ish).

My weight was actually around 50kg earlier this year but I've been going to the gym (usually run up to 10km on the treadmill, free weights and sit-ups) so I have put on a bit of weight. I'm getting slimmer though (at least that's what the current clothes I have tell me) so I'm guessing it's muscle mass?

Yep, it's probably just muscle. I am 62 kg now and a size 12 :frown: Want to get down to a size 10. Do you think it's about 5 kg per dress size? Like at 57 kg were you a size 10? Cos I think you said you're an 8 top/bottom usually?
Reply 44
dottie28
Yep, it's probably just muscle. I am 62 kg now and a size 12 :frown: Want to get down to a size 10. Do you think it's about 5 kg per dress size? Like at 57 kg were you a size 10? Cos I think you said you're an 8 top/bottom usually?

In my case, I guess it was around 5 kg per dress size. Yes, at 57kg, I was a size 10. I'm currently a size 8 now which means I can't wear most of my old size 10 clothes now! :frown:

Oh well, all the more reason to shop I suppose. :rolleyes:

Do you do any exercise though? I think exercising helps a lot... and also cutting back on meal portions and having more small healthier meals during the day. Like if I'm craving some chocolate (this is my weakness :frown: ), I sit and think "Do i really want to eat it?" If yes, I limit myself to a small portion.

I also only eat when I'm hungry...For example, today, I've only had a smoked salmon and extra light philadelphia cream cheese sandwich, a cup of coffee and a glass of innocent juice.
I'm 5 foot 3.5 inches. I vary from 7 stone 8 pounds to no more than 8 stone.
Reply 46
I'm around 5 foot 2 inches, size 8 - i have a dress in size 6 i can fit into though.
I think I weigh around 7 and a half stones - 8 stones (i eat a LOT ><")
Reply 47
haidoreru
In my case, I guess it was around 5 kg per dress size. Yes, at 57kg, I was a size 10. I'm currently a size 8 now which means I can't wear most of my old size 10 clothes now! :frown:

Oh well, all the more reason to shop I suppose. :rolleyes:

Do you do any exercise though? I think exercising helps a lot... and also cutting back on meal portions and having more small healthier meals during the day. Like if I'm craving some chocolate (this is my weakness :frown: ), I sit and think "Do i really want to eat it?" If yes, I limit myself to a small portion. :smile:

Is a size 10 about a 26 inch waist? I figure measurements would probably be a better way of me measuring my progress.

I go to the gym - only 3 x a week of cardio though (I am doing the Couch to 5K Program, not sure if you've heard of it)...I've almost finished that program, so I suppose I should do cardio more often??? And maybe some weights? I'm eating healthier too, so just waiting for this damn fat to go down!
Reply 48
It doesn't matter. Weight distributes differently on everyone. Don't worry about the weight - just the measurements.

If you concern yourself with getting to a specific weight, that's all you'll concentrate on... and you'll be disappointed when you reach it and you're too thin or too big to fit into the clothes you want.
Reply 49
dottie28
Is a size 10 about a 26 inch waist? I figure measurements would probably be a better way of me measuring my progress.

I go to the gym - only 3 x a week of cardio though (I am doing the Couch to 5K Program, not sure if you've heard of it)...I've almost finished that program, so I suppose I should do cardio more often??? And maybe some weights? I'm eating healthier too, so just waiting for this damn fat to go down!

Well.... size 10 means that most of the clothes you buy would have a 28-inch waist. But since most bottoms ride on our hips anyway; so our actual waistlines are actually smaller than that. I don't have a measuring tape so I don't know what my waistline is.

Oh that is good! Going to the gym 3 x a week! I haven't been since last week :tongue: I've been busy with work that is due in on Monday. :s-smilie:

I'm not sure if I'm the right person to give advice about gym routines... but I just usually do some cardio, freeweights and sit-ups. I'm not sure if what I do is the most effective way to reduce body fat though.

I think if you keep doing what you've doing atm, the body fat will go down eventually. I don't think it really matters what dress size you are though (even though it feels nice to fit into smaller clothes in stores). I think what's important is your overall physical fitness. :smile:

Best of luck though!
Reply 50
I'm 5ft3 and I'm a size 8 on the bottom, I weigh 7.5stone.
I'm 5'4" a size 10 or 8 dress size. I weigh 52kg/115lbs :smile:
I'm 5'3 and about 103 pounds, which is just above 7st I think? Size 8 but I'm a size 6 waist (incredibly irritating). Aim for the measurements not the weight. I don't think weight is a very reliable judge.
Reply 53
dottie28
That's the dress size I am aiming for. How much approx. would I have to weight to be a size 8/10UK at a height of 5'3-5'4/ Anyone that dress size and height, please tell me your weight and measurements, and anyone who isn't a rough guess would be great, thanks.

heya, I'm 5ft4 and size 8ish and I weight like 7 stone and 8 pounds.
I'm also seventeen, in case age makes a difference :P
Reply 54
I'm between 9 - 10 stone, 5ft 4 and size 8/10. Only issue which gets in the way (literally) of fitting into 8/10s is my boobs, sometimes I need a size 12. I HATE BIG BOOBS!
I'm 5'5 and a dress size 8-10 and weigh just under 9 stone.
But as someone has mentioned above, dress size has little to do with your weight :smile:
Reply 56
I'm 5ft 3 and a bit

Size 8/10

Bra size 28GG/30G

Weigh about 9.5 stone

There is so much variation. People always tell me I can't be a size 8/10 and weigh as much as I do, but thats ********.
Reply 57
Im 5'4 (i think) size 8, and weight between 46-47 kg.
Reply 58
dottie28
That's the dress size I am aiming for. How much approx. would I have to weight to be a size 8/10UK at a height of 5'3-5'4/ Anyone that dress size and height, please tell me your weight and measurements, and anyone who isn't a rough guess would be great, thanks.

I'm 5'3, size 8 tops & size ten trousers.. I weigh 8 stone 12 :smile:
I'm 5' and dress size 6-8 and weight 8st if that helps

Latest

Trending

Trending