AQA PSYA4 Anomalistic Psychology Watch

bobbyjimmy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Does anybody have any exam style questions, i have done the specimen paper question but don't know to many others. If anybody has any could they post them .

Thank you
Jesska xD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The one i did in June 2009 had a dodgy dodgy question to do with Psychic Healing. The other one though was Outline and Evaluate Out-of-Body experiences and/or Near Death experiences (10).

It was split into 3 sections but i can't actually remember.. sorry.
Nitaisha
Report 8 years ago
Jan paper 2009 -

(a) a researcher wanted to test the ability of a known 'psychic healer'. ten voluteers suffering from chrionic back pain were selected through newspaper adverts. the volunteers were all given a questionnaire which rated their belief in psychic healing and another questionnaire which rated levels of pain. They were then randomly assigned to either a treatment group or a control group.
afterwards all the voluteers filled in the pain questionnaire again. the researcher found that there was no significant effect on pain relief as a reult of psychic healing.

(i) the researcher wanted to know whether there was a correlation between belief in psychic healing and improvement in pain ratings. what statistical test could the researcher use? justify your answer. (2mrks)

(ii) Outline one ethical issue in this study and suggest how the researcher could have dealt with it (3marks)

(iii) 'it is interesting why, even today in the modern age of science and technology, somepeople still believe in psychic healing'
Discuss factors underliying belief in psychic heAling. (5+5 mrks)

(b) outline and evaluate psychological research into belief in out-of-body experiences and/or near death experiences (4+6 marks)

Hope it helps
GazzaXtreme
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can anybody explain to me the overview of controversies relating to ganzfield studies of ESP and studies of psychokinesis. What do you need to know? i don't understand it.

So for e.g. what do you write about in this sort of exam question : "discuss controversies relating to studies of psychokinesis/ESP????
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (808)
80.4%
Leave (197)
19.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed