Aqa Scly2 Watch

HelenMurray93
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Does anyone have any predictions for SCLY2 Education and Research Methods?
millie_d
Report 8 years ago
No, i don't know what to revise or where to start. What about you?
Noj2202
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i have a feeling ethnicity will come up as an essay question and edu policies as the 12 mark question but social class could make it as the 20 mark maybe says my teacher but i still think ethnicity

as for the research methods Qs who knows maybe official stats and interviews of some sort

and Q3 no idea...havent even looked at that yet

generally i think i will be screwed for this but at least we have 2 weeks to revise
millie_d
Report 8 years ago
i havnt started revising, im repeating my unit one on thusday! i have a feeling im not going to do well on this unit 2 at all, i think its Q3 that im going to struggle with the most!
ghast
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by millie_d)
i havnt started revising, im repeating my unit one on thusday! i have a feeling im not going to do well on this unit 2 at all, i think its Q3 that im going to struggle with the most!
Don't worry, niether have I. Just start at the end of this weak and you'll be fine!
millie_d
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ghast)
Don't worry, niether have I. Just start at the end of this weak and you'll be fine!

Hey , what are you revising for this unit 2
HelenMurray93
(Original post by Noj2202)
i have a feeling ethnicity will come up as an essay question and edu policies as the 12 mark question but social class could make it as the 20 mark maybe says my teacher but i still think ethnicity

as for the research methods Qs who knows maybe official stats and interviews of some sort

and Q3 no idea...havent even looked at that yet

generally i think i will be screwed for this but at least we have 2 weeks to revise
I think policies will come up as 12 or 20pt. Ethnicity and class could come as 12 or 20pts too
Stinkerbell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm revising for this too. Hate the methods in context part.

Thanks for your help with the predictions, my teachers rubbish and doesnt help us at all so will look at policies, ethnicity and class again
millie_d
Report 8 years ago
In Jan 09 ethnicity and policie came up!
Stinkerbell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does anyone know what came up this jan just gone??
laurakeenan
Report 8 years ago
i don't even know where to start with the revision for this exam haha

what do you reckon i do first, research methods? or the education ones
Stinkerbell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by laurakeenan)
i don't even know where to start with the revision for this exam haha

what do you reckon i do first, research methods? or the education ones
I've started by going through all the education stuff and am coming on to the research methods now. But thats only because i hate research methods so have left it until last
HelenMurray93
(Original post by millie_d)
In Jan 09 ethnicity and policie came up!
Policies was only the 12pt Q in Jan09 though......could come up as 20pt Q this time.

something might come about vocational education and training because that is new on the syllabus
Noj2202
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HelenMurray93)
Policies was only the 12pt Q in Jan09 though......could come up as 20pt Q this time.

something might come about vocational education and training because that is new on the syllabus
I hope vocational training doesnt not really keen on that
and as for policies do you think it could really be expressed as a 20 markQ i didnt think there could be enough points but hey i guess you could be right.

anyone got any good stuff on vocational education then???

and as for what to revise just do bits of each and mix and match do one day education and one day socio methods thats what im doing as then im not all overloaded with too much of one topic!
Zazzbag
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My sociology lecturer also thinks policies will come up, he thinks we should pay extra attention to the 1988 Education Reform Act...
Noj2202
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
anyone who is majorily stuck on something check this site out and click on learning tables they are amazingly helpful!!!! especially on research methods

http://learningat.ke7.org.uk/socials.../soc/as/as.htm

good luck tomorrow
millie_d
Report 8 years ago
anyone who is majorily stuck on something check this site out and click on learning tables they are amazingly helpful!!!! especially on research methods

good luck tomorrow
oh my god, thank you so much
Stinkerbell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago

good luck tomorrow
omg these are amazing thankyou so so much
dreading tomorrows exam.
x
Noj2202
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Stinkerbell)
omg these are amazing thankyou so so much
dreading tomorrows exam.
x
How did you find it???

i did pretty poor i feel dont think i put the right stuff i knew it but pu tit into the wrong context and couldnt remember all the PET issues for questionnaires well i knew the P and the E but was limited on the T stuff

Oh well we shall see on aug 20th
Stinkerbell
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How did you find it???

i did pretty poor i feel dont think i put the right stuff i knew it but pu tit into the wrong context and couldnt remember all the PET issues for questionnaires well i knew the P and the E but was limited on the T stuff

Oh well we shall see on aug 20th
Hey it was alright thanks, could have been better though. Yeahh i didnt have all the stuff for the questionnaires was mega rushed at that point aswell.

Yeah hopefully will do better than last year when i got a D Just got to wait till August now..
x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?