AS Predicted grades? Watch

User12399
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Do AS predicted grades matter?

My AS are low and I'm capable of getting much higher as I have proven already in my biology exam.

Will unis care about AS Predicted grades?
oxymoronic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Universities will not know what your AS predicted grades were but they will know about your predicted A2 grades (ie: the overall A level) which are determined by your teachers on the basis of what you get in your AS exams. If you surpass expectations in your AS exam results which come out in August then you will presumably be given predictions of equal or higher grades which will be shown to the universities.

However, a problem will lie if you were to be given low predicted grades for your final A2 year as these are what universities use to make their decisions. If you are not predicted the equal or above the minimum entry requirements for courses you apply to you will find yourself facing rejections.

As long as you are predicted high grades for your overall A levels then this is all the universities will see, along with your AS grades if your school certifies them. Your AS predictions are irrelevant.
User12399
Rep:
?
(Original post by oxymoronic)
Universities will not know what your AS predicted grades were but they will know about your predicted A2 grades (ie: the overall A level) which are determined by your teachers on the basis of what you get in your AS exams. If you surpass expectations in your AS exam results which come out in August then you will presumably be given predictions of equal or higher grades which will be shown to the universities.

However, a problem will lie if you were to be given low predicted grades for your final A2 year as these are what universities use to make their decisions. If you are not predicted the equal or above the minimum entry requirements for courses you apply to you will find yourself facing rejections.

As long as you are predicted high grades for your overall A levels then this is all the universities will see, along with your AS grades if your school certifies them. Your AS predictions are irrelevant.
I see thanks so I have to do really good in my AS exams which will make my A2 predictions!

Thanks
oxymoronic
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by User12399)
I see thanks so I have to do really good in my AS exams which will make my A2 predictions!

Thanks
Yes, this would be the straight forward way.

If you don't do as well as you hope in your AS exams you have the possibility of re-sitting them in Jan and June 2011 meaning your teachers can make your predicted grades on the basis of what they think you will get in the exams if you work to your full potential. Or alternatively, even if you decide not to resit many people do better in Year 13 than they do in Year 12 meaning your teacher may agree to predict you an A, for example, even if you got a B in the AS exam.

Once you've finished your AS exams start looking at universities and their entry requirements then you can see what you will need to be predicted
User12399
Rep:
?
(Original post by oxymoronic)
Yes, this would be the straight forward way.

If you don't do as well as you hope in your AS exams you have the possibility of re-sitting them in Jan and June 2011 meaning your teachers can make your predicted grades on the basis of what they think you will get in the exams if you work to your full potential. Or alternatively, even if you decide not to resit many people do better in Year 13 than they do in Year 12 meaning your teacher may agree to predict you an A, for example, even if you got a B in the AS exam.

Once you've finished your AS exams start looking at universities and their entry requirements then you can see what you will need to be predicted
Thanks for all the information! Really helped me today lol, I was sad from this morning because I thought it would be by AS grades!

Thanks again!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (985)
79.37%
Leave (256)
20.63%

Watched Threads