Apparently, "It was a mistake" to go to war with Iraq, says key Labour leadership... Watch

Eclectic Styles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
You just couldn't make it up, really...
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do you not think it was a mistake?
Aphotic Cosmos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Took them 7 years, and we finally have a kind of admission from a few head honchos that it was a mistake. Not that it was wrong, immoral or illegal . . . I guess they didn't know any better, I mean it wasn't like there was a march of a million people through the capital to protest the war, or anything, or vociferous opposition to in in the Commons from their own backbenchers and Charles Kennedy's LibDems, or widespread condemnation in the free press . . .
tx222
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
Took them 7 years, and we finally have a kind of admission from a few head honchos that it was a mistake. Not that it was wrong, immoral or illegal . . . I guess they didn't know any better, I mean it wasn't like there was a march of a million people through the capital to protest the war, or anything, or vociferous opposition to in in the Commons from their own backbenchers and Charles Kennedy's LibDems, or widespread condemnation in the free press . . .
You live on here, don't you?
Aphotic Cosmos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tx222)
You live on here, don't you?
More or less . . . :ninja2:
tx222
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
More or less . . . :ninja2:
How many times have you bummed Clegg then?
jumpingjesusholycow
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
No **** sherlock
werd123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Damn right, how dare Ed Balls have an opinion! :p: [/sarcasm]

The thing is, alot of Labour ministers were against the Iraq war, but because Tony Blair basically ignored Cabinet for his 10 years in office, the decision to go to war was practically made by him. The reason alot of ministers couldn't speak out about it was because of collective responsibility, and regardless of their opinion, they had to back it. It sucks, yeah, but finally they can talk about it openly and their opinions on Iraq.
thunder_chunky
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm glad there was some sort of an admission
Oldernotwiser
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh well,never mind.

Same old story..a good opportunity to cull the lower orders...

http://home.clara.net/stevebrown/htm...ling_tommy.htm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1608)
79.13%
Leave (424)
20.87%

Watched Threads