The Student Room Group

day time pickups

ok recently my friend introduced me to the incredible world of day time pickups, amazing as it is, what i found most surprising is how he was able to flirt with pretty hot girls and get a quite a few phone numbers even though he's not that hot himself. Im still pretty ****** at it and i have realised that the hardest thing is to keep the conversation going without gettin sum awkward pauses as well as steer the discussion so that you can get her phone number in the end, all while creating attraction.

anyways i wanted to create a thread for guys to share advice on gettin a hot chicks number you see down the street or around campus and also for girls to give us sum insider tips on what would work on you

Scroll to see replies

I welcome this thread.
Reply 2
Just slap out the tallywacker, whirl it around a bit and you're bound to get some numbers.
A guy tried this with me the other week. He asked me what music I was into cause he was a singer. He completely missed the fact that I was a goth and not into RnB but it was a cute try though. He asked me for my number eventually after I had to explain to him what Blues music was!! Fail. Lol.
Not sure about just in the high street but I think train stations are good for meeting strangers. It helps if you actually are waiting for a train rather than creating a contrived story just to chat someone up. So if there is a hot person on the platform start up some smalltalk about the train and then start the get to know you questions. Better yet you can go to the station cafe and ask to join someone who is on their own.

Also if you're waiting for a friend to turn up when you're in a pub that's quite a good 'excuse' to ask to join someone who is on their own. I've done this a few times, it might be easier for me as a girl but I think both these scenarios are safer bets than approaching someone on the street.

I'd generally think I'd like someone to chat me up if they had a genuine reason to talk to me. Such as, if I was in a book shop they might ask me what I was interested in. Any sort of opener which just focuses directly on what you look like is a no-no, I think.
Reply 5
I think its a great idea. It helps if you're open and honest that you are attracted to her, but make sure not to do it in a way which makes you look creepy. Confidence and charm are the keys. Just be honest 'hey i'd be kicking myself if i didn't stop you here, i think ______ (whatever aspect of her you were attracted to' . make some small talk 'are you around the area ... are you from the uni' quickly and make her smile etc and then give her your number on a piece of paper. It's better than clubs for meeting women imo and less sleazy.
Reply 6
You can only make this work if you really are attracted to her, when you get that feeling inside you. Try this on a girl you're not attracted to, who you don't get that feeling for, but someone who looks hot, you will fail.

The main points to success is to be confident and build rapport (get on the same wavelength). As long as you keep these you will get somewhere, without these you will get nowhere. Also confidence is the key to not coming across as a creep.

Daytime pick up is the best kind of pick up. Usually you meet the real girls, not the ones who go out and sleep with any guy willing to sleep with them.
Reply 7
Can you post a script to follow? Lol.
Reply 8
Broderss
You can only make this work if you really are attracted to her, when you get that feeling inside you. Try this on a girl you're not attracted to, who you don't get that feeling for, but someone who looks hot, you will fail.

The main points to success is to be confident and build rapport (get on the same wavelength). As long as you keep these you will get somewhere, without these you will get nowhere. Also confidence is the key to not coming across as a creep.

Daytime pick up is the best kind of pick up. Usually you meet the real girls, not the ones who go out and sleep with any guy willing to sleep with them.

Not sure about that mate. You have to work out if they are the types of girls that would sleep with anyone which takes time.
Reply 9
YL_LDN
Not sure about that mate. You have to work out if they are the types of girls that would sleep with anyone which takes time.

You can kind of gauge what type of girl they are in the day then choose whether to approach her to find out more about her or leave it.
YL_LDN

Cold women are the only ones who are unlikely to put out within a few dates IMO.. Or religious women.. But generally, if you've got a decent approach and they feel comfortable/aroused around you, I don't see why they'd hold back..
Rusty_Mouse
Can you post a script to follow? Lol.

Easiest way to engage a woman is by getting her to do the talking..

"I was talking with a friend about dating women and he said that if you get put in a woman's friend zone, then you'll never be able to date her.. I disagreed with him. But I'd love a woman's opinion on this.. What do you think?"

You've approached her, engaged her in conversation without her feeling like she's being hit on.. From there on just keep the conversation going for a few more minutes.. Listen for the keywords in what she says, then relay something from that. Don't speak for too long, she'll have some place to be.. Wrap up the conversation, saying how it's been nice talking and you'd love to get to know her better. And then tell her to put her number in your phone and that you'll call her some time.

Job done.. Simple?
Reply 12
I think sometimes these things can back fire, right on the train i saw this girl. We made eyes you know the score. Then as i was about to go talk to her she whips out her cigarettes, I walked away in disgust sometimes u have to be careful u know.
Reply 13
Fuchsie
I think sometimes these things can back fire, right on the train i saw this girl. We made eyes you know the score. Then as i was about to go talk to her she whips out her cigarettes, I walked away in disgust sometimes u have to be careful u know.

Yeah, got to watch out, you could have been raped, or murdered!!! Smokers'll do anything... :rolleyes:
PUA Alert! Radar is closing in!
Seriously, there are loads of girls out in the summer and it's a lovely time to get girls. For me, there's Hyde Park, Oxford Street and westfield to go to.
Reply 15
Get some balls and talk to them simples!!!
The biggest battle is the battle in your mind. Once you grow a pair (it is hard) you'll find that it's not actually as hard as you think, unless you're actually shaking when you're talking to her. Just be calm and collected, as well as smooth.

There isn't really a step by step method, you know the goal and you have your game plan, all you have to do is just play the game.

A lot easier said than done. I feel like having to step in front of a moving train...
Rusty_Mouse
A lot easier said than done. I feel like having to step in front of a moving train...

Oh definitely, by no means am I a master, I still have to force myself to approach some girls! My advice is start slow and work up, just get around being comfortable with women who you don't know, or as comfortable as you can be. The hardest part is the first sentence you speak, after that I can just reel off anything.
Reply 19
**** that indirect **** when it comes to day time approaches no time for indirect openers, state your intentions from early.

*tap on outside of arm (inside is too personal) or the shoulder*

Excuse me I just had to say to you that you're gorgeous(or another word like this) or I'd be kicking myself for the rest of the day

Chick: thanks etc

You: Hi my names 'Real Talk' extend hand for a hand shake so shes stopped moving now then you have to transition the conversation to just normal stuff which is harder than approaching imo

Latest

Trending

Trending