Turn on thread page Beta

People who did the elections question on Edexcel Politics Unit 1 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For part c, by 'proportional representation' does that mean proportional systems generally or specifically like completely equal relationship between votes/seats? i talked about ams..is that okay do you think? ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeee!)
    For part c, by 'proportional representation' does that mean proportional systems generally or specifically like completely equal relationship between votes/seats? i talked about ams..is that okay do you think? ****.
    Oh, I f***ed that one up :P T_T Muh baddd... I think it was general PR AND/OR specific, Edexcel's quite kind about letting you interpret Qs differently The thing that got me was the 'form a case' bit or w/e, did that mean write like a speech or just write like normal section c questions? Wasn't sure one the 'style' of writing to use :/

ReputationRep:
    I just spoke about PR systems in general, and then used examples of how each type of system would improve Westminster elections. I think you were just supposed to right like a normal question.

ReputationRep:
    I spoke about it in general dropping in advantages about different systems. Don't worry AMS is a good one to do if you mentioned the effect of introducing it in Scotland, Wales, London Assembly etc and said how that could benefit Westminster elections XX

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, AS Politics I remember the days.

But don't sweat it, AMS is a system of proportional representation. So long as you gave examples I'm sure you did just fine.

ReputationRep:
    For part c), did you guys write a case against as well as for PR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timROGERS)
    For part c), did you guys write a case against as well as for PR?
    i only did for? generally 'state a case' means just one side, i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumblebumble)
    i only did for? generally 'state a case' means just one side, i think
    I don't think going against will lose you marks so don't worry. I ****ged off FPTP too much but thats a positive thing for PR so I should be ok I HOPE! lol. Don't threat though guys, last year you needed 69% for an A because the nation as a whole didn't do too well.

In this exam you are limited for time, people don't get everything in and a lot simply don't get things right. Don't worry, the grade boundries are lowered

A mate of mine got 44 out of 90 for Unit 3 (year 13) and another got 52 out of 90. The guy with 44 got a D and the guy with 52 got a B. Thats 57% for a B, pretty low!

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.