The Student Room Group

AS history WoTR and Henry VII

It's not the sources paper that I'm doing

Okay, so I'm doing Wars of The Roses and Henry VII and I'm still struggling on political Instability of 1453-60 namely, what caused civil conflict in 1455 and Henry VII's foreign policy...

I know about Henry's mental collapse, Henry wasn't like his father and Henry's treatment of somerset and suffolk and favouring them over York

But, I don't really know anything about feuding nobles like the Neville's and Percie's, Bonville's and the Courtenay's. Nor do I know that much about the loss of France except for the battle of Castallon happened in 1453 and England lost pretty much all of France except Calais.

And I know nothing about Foreign policy...
Don't know much about the whole feuding nobles scene, but I can give some information on the land losses in France though (which is what I'm currently revising!) Here goes:
In 1415, Henry V, Henry VI's dad wins the battle of Agincourt and this paves the way for the 1420 Treaty of Troyes which names Henry V or his heir as the next King of France after Charles VI dies.
In contrast, by 1440, Paris was lost and Pontoise was beseiged. By 1442, after five relief attempts by the English, Pontoise fell. By 1453, the only remaining pieces of French land in English hands were the Channel islands and Calais. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
STARRS
Don't know much about the whole feuding nobles scene, but I can give some information on the land losses in France though (which is what I'm currently revising!) Here goes:
In 1415, Henry V, Henry VI's dad wins the battle of Agincourt and this paves the way for the 1420 Treaty of Troyes which names Henry V or his heir as the next King of France after Charles VI dies.
In contrast, by 1440, Paris was lost and Pontoise was beseiged. By 1442, after five relief attempts by the English, Pontoise fell. By 1453, the only remaining pieces of French land in English hands were the Channel islands and Calais. Hope this helps!

So it really helped to highlight the fact that Henry wasn't his father?
yeah, because the contrast between them was so great that Henry VI could never live up to the reputation of his predecessor, Henry VI. Especially as Henry V had achieved so much, essentially conquering the kingdom of France. You'll be fine in the exam! Just revise factions etc

Latest

Trending

Trending