The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Annoying-Mouse
You know the two concept aren’t mutually exclusive? You could of stated that you identify yourself more with the Muslims, than the British…

There is an overlap but countries rise and fall and many are left to the pages of history. The Ummah will exist as long as there are Muslims on this Earth. A Muslim's allegience lies to the Ummah. Muslim first then whatever second.
CombineHarvester
Err...no. You skipped that part of the study because it quite explicitly went against your argument. I think you didn't expect him to read through it properly and when he did, you got owned. It'd be less pathetic of you to just admit you were wrong and admit that the study overall did show Muslims in a positive light wrt to integration compared to others.

Look, I will respond to your post because you seem more of a better person to reply to. It never conflicted with my arguments. I didn’t even provide any arguments, I simply stated the facts. Nothing else. I was in a neutral position. I didn’t skip it. I could of provided it, but what is the relevance of it? The OP asked a question that said who do Muslims identify themselves more with, that is the way I read the question. I gave him an answer their religion, everything I stated is similar to what Harvard stated. Whereas, Harvard went in further to explain that even though they are more ‘religious’ then the general public it doesn’t increase their sympathy for terrorist or decrease their loyalty for their country. The OP didn’t want to know this. I let him make his own argument because as you know or may not know there is no right or wrong analysis. It is the same as the half-empty or half-full theory. I let the OP decide on how he would take the poll because it would depend on his outlook of Muslims and Islam to decide on a analysis that he can come up with. Regardless, I stated I AGREED with the article.
Rexel
Ah well, nice to see people taking the poll so seriously. :cool:

so if we can't trust the votes of muslims themselves to tell us their view on the world what can we trust?
because it certainly shouldnt be the corrupt zionist freemason pig dogs in the western *spits* media should it?
Casse
There is an overlap but countries rise and fall and many are left to the pages of history. The Ummah will exist as long as there are Muslims on this Earth. A Muslim's allegience lies to the Ummah. Muslim first then whatever second.

I know. But, you didn’t have to say ‘loyalty’ rather you could of stated that you ‘identify’ yourself more with Muslims than with your country/countrymen.
Reply 204
nihility
so if we can't trust the votes of muslims themselves to tell us their view on the world what can we trust?
because it certainly shouldnt be the corrupt zionist freemason pig dogs in the western *spits* media should it?

54 Muslim votes is nothing. Lol.
Reply 205
Annoying-Mouse
I know. But, you didn’t have to say ‘loyalty’ rather you could of stated that you ‘identify’ yourself more with Muslims than with your country/countrymen.

Yes I could have but it also includes loyalty.
Casse
Yes I could have but it also includes loyalty.

The two concepts aren’t mutually exclusive, you can be loyal equally.
Rexel
54 Muslim votes is nothing. Lol.

i guess. especially considering these muslims are more educated than most.
im surprised that so many (relatively) voted for the people that have grown up in the same land as them.
thats the educated part shining through i guess.
Reply 208
nihility
i guess. especially considering these muslims are more educated than most.
im surprised that so many (relatively) voted for the people that have grown up in the same land as them.
thats the educated part shining through i guess.

Well sorry to say this, but we don't live in an ideal world. I don't like how you're making it out as if Muslims aren't the ones integrating. There's 2 sides to everything. Anyways I'm not going to get into a debate, you can think what you want. I'm past caring to be honest.
Reply 209
I think there should be a sunni and shi'ite option
Reply 210
Annoying-Mouse
Regardless, I stated I AGREED with the article.

You only agreed with the article because you like a dumbass thought it was bashing Muslims, when this failed you got owned and humiliated.

Next time read your sources :rofl:
Wow, the most intellignt thing I have ever heard from a 16 year old kid! Well done! Keep it up, am proud of you! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Wow, the most intelligent thing I have ever heard from a 16 year old kid! Well done! Keep it up, am proud of you! :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Diaz89
You only agreed with the article because you like a dumbass thought it was bashing Muslims, when this failed you got owned and humiliated.

Next time read your sources :rofl:

This is why I don't respond to you.
Rexel
Well sorry to say this, but we don't live in an ideal world. I don't like how you're making it out as if Muslims aren't the ones integrating. There's 2 sides to everything. Anyways I'm not going to get into a debate, you can think what you want. I'm past caring to be honest.

the poll proves this.
what should i think? so far i think muslims value muslim lives above other people due to the evidence in the poll. not that i didnt know that already but nice to see them being honest.
Reply 215
nihility
the poll proves this.
what should i think? so far i think muslims value muslim lives above other people due to the evidence in the poll. not that i didnt know that already but nice to see them being honest.

Value Muslim lives for than non-Muslims?
You need to find out what the OP meant by '' who would you put first? ''

Put first in what situation?
Reply 216
Annoying-Mouse
This is why I don't respond to you.

Because you can't :sly:. Instead of being a man and admitting that you got it wrong, you write nonsensical evasive trash, contradict yourself and lastly ignore people.

Next time correct your ways, they will always fail you.
Diaz89
Because you can't :sly:. Instead of being a man and admitting that you got it wrong, you write nonsensical evasive trash, contradict yourself and lastly ignore people.

Next time correct your ways, they will always fail you.

I can come with a long post evaluating all your post and showing you are wrong. But, you are just going to write K or ignore it. If CH disagrees, I will show him the long post.
anon_law
thats not exactly an answer is it? This is about if it came into conflict with his duties, i.e. would he as a president do something against his faith, and its reasonable he would say no. But whats unreasonable is to say one would value muslim PEOPLE over non-muslim PEOPLE.

This isn't a matter of 'valuing people' but rather one of identity. From my own perspective, my identity is first and foremost Muslim, then my nationality. Both my religion and nationality define the person and character that I am, but religion more so than anything else. That isn't to say, however, that I'd automatically side with a muslim over a non-muslim on any occasion; Islam teaches you to side with the truth/fairness irrespective of the context. So in no way, shape or form do muslims 'value' fellow muslims over others.
I am not pro-Muslims or pro-Arabs. I will always be a brother to all humans, humanity is before race or religion, however, it patriotic action to invest money in your country, for example, and I do support this kind of action since everyone else is doing it. However, to fight on the side of my country (or Muslims) while they are trying to occupy another nation, NEVER!!

Latest

Trending

Trending