The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

ahnaf.c
I feel a sense of responsibility towards my countrymen aand i also feel the same way towards fellow Muslims. coincidentally the majority in my country are Muslims. Therefore I see the responsibility doubled.

Apart from that, say, even if my country wasn't a Muslim majority country, I'd still feel I owe something to it.

Indeed.
Diaz89
:rofl:
You got owned by your own illwilled source.

Subhannalllah :biggrin:

Is this supposed to be aimed at me? If so, can you explain why? I have not stated anything different to them, they have gone FURTHER in their analysis. So, in what way have I got 'owned'?
Reply 142
najeezy
hahahah, i like your arrogance, but the arabs are the keyholders, they can pull the plug and your power/electricity/source of fuel would be cut off, your ancestors arent clever enough to of have found an alternative, putting your ancestors in the dark age, the arabs have sat on their asses meanwhile they adapt all your inventions and apply them to everyday life, making your ancestors stupider than mine. But just ushering that statement in rules out any form of intelligence in your brain.

You're basically saying your ancestors are intelligent because they sat back, lest the westerners progress technologically, then reap the benefits of what they have invented.

This means you looked at them doing nothing but waiting to take advantage of technological innovations created by others, then drew the conclusion they must be smarter by letting others do the work for them.

However, have you considered any other possible conclusions? Consider them now and tell me the most plausible.
Reply 143
bill-e
lol your stupidity / troll'ness makes me laugh :biggrin:

Well, I'm here to do what I do best.
Atheists, which do you put first?
A) Your fellow countrymen
B) Your fellow atheists
C) You're not an atheist

Children, who do you like better?
A) Daddy, or
B) Chips?

Please can we put an end to badly thought-out questions that were dreamt up on a playground and whose answers only seek to sow division?

"OMG! Muslims put Muslims first before their fellow countrymen! Evil traitors who must be executed/deported/sent to hell!!!111one111!!!"

Oh Pulease....:rolleyes:
Reply 145
nihility
this thread is a veritable public relations coup for islam isnt it.

What?:eyeball:
Reply 146
Broderss
You're basically saying your ancestors are intelligent because they sat back, lest the westerners progress technologically, then reap the benefits of what they have invented.

This means you looked at them doing nothing but waiting to take advantage of technological innovations created by others, then drew the conclusion they must be smarter by letting others do the work for them.

However, have you considered any other possible conclusions? Consider them now and tell me the most plausible.

no, i wont engage your idiotic comments again, simply because most of them are hatecomments and i cba to argue with you all day.
Reply 147
Prince Rhyus
B) Your fellow atheists
C) You're not an atheist

A) Daddy, or
B) Chips?

Please can we put an end to badly thought-out questions that were dreamt up on a playground and whose answers only seek to sow division?

"OMG! Muslims put Muslims first before their fellow countrymen! Evil traitors who must be executed/deported/sent to hell!!!111one111!!!"

lol, exactly what i said before, the OP needs to get a life, albeit you did use a better analogy.
Reply 148
Prince Rhyus
B) Your fellow atheists
C) You're not an atheist

A) Daddy, or
B) Chips?

Forget deportation, I think we should kill them all!! :eek3: :eek3:
Reply 149
Annoying-Mouse
Is this supposed to be aimed at me? If so, can you explain why? I have not stated anything different to them, they have gone FURTHER in their analysis. So, in what way have I got 'owned'?

Who else did I quote :rolleyes:

You first post with the paragraph was alluding that Muslims are isolationist when this clearly wasn't the case, when I corrected you about this out of humiliation you went on to say it's "THEIR" opinion.....

For the first time, a TSR user has owned himself with their own material. That's the problem with you're snide and bad intended ways. Subhanallah. :biggrin:
There is no nationalism in islam why make someone a priority when they attack your religion no thanks
Broderss
DON'T JOKE!1 IS ARE SRS BIZNEZ!!

*Freaked out*

:p:
Annoying-Mouse
x

Oh, here you are again. :biggrin:
Reply 153
najeezy
your views and expressions show clear biased and stereotypical attributes based on no evidence at all, when you make these types of judgements on an forum, it shows intellectual inepth.

Before you call me unintelligent or infer intellectual ineptitude on my part, please note your constant grammatical errors and inability to construct correct English sentences or create coherent statements.

Although I suspect English is not your first language.
Reply 154
Broderss
Before you call me unintelligent or infer intellectual ineptitude on my part, please note your constant grammatical errors and inability to construct correct English sentences or create coherent statements.

I love how you're always on here trying to diss Islam. Don't you have any exams to revise for? :cool:
Reply 155
and OP, you put ''fellow Muslim brothers and sisters''.

You'd put your brothers and sisters before your countrymen wouldn't you? :cool:
Reply 156
najeezy
no, i wont engage your idiotic comments again, simply because most of them are hatecomments and i cba to argue with you all day.

Looks like you understand now and therefore I win :biggrin:
Reply 157
LivingMemory
There are faults in Islam, there are intolerant passages in the Quran which you haven't mentioned. However I have just been slandered elsewhere for criticizing the more draconian passages of the Quran as they are supposedly not relevant ... well, if the passages that the entire religion was founded upon aren't relevant, then what is?

There's a habit on this site of quoting as many tolerant Quran passages as you can find, but quote one intolerant one and that's supposedly 'idiotic', I fail to see how - if the good of the Quran is relevant then so is the bad, it's wrong to cherry pick. Why is the good of the Quran so much more relevant than the bad? The good is to be taken literally, but the bad is always meant to be interpreted to represent emotional suffering?

What about Sura 9:29 which advises fighting and converting non-Muslims? It uses 'qatala' in its imperative form indicating fighting, slaughtering, etc. It was meant to be taken literally and for many years has been (and still is in the east). If you project your own idea of just harmlessly converting then that is your own interpretation as that is in no way indicated.

watch this, it's VERY WORTH IT:

Is Islam really as barbaric as they say?

Is Jihad Justifiable?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSKg7DvlNic

Please don't condemn Islam if you are a Christian, because the O.T is unimaginably 'worse' as your method of reasoning may brand it.

In the end of the day, the rationale that is only logical is...whatever God says goes. Simple.

The moderator is a convert to Islam from Christianity and he's also a Muslim apologist himself.
najeezy
it was meant to be terribly stupid, but oh well.

Let me point out what you basically did.

you suggested that there is content in a holy book that over a billion people take to be "absolute truth" (forgive the repetition), but not only was it a suggestion, it was a suggestion for a passage that could potentially make people hate islam more because of it, dont you see that this is what this thread is pre-dominantly based on, im sorry you dont see it as to how offensive it really is.

Offensive because you take it that way, I said nothing that was intended to hurt you personally and I have no intention of doing that.

The teachings of the Quran are what the entire religion is based upon? So how can't they be relevant? I endlessly hear the tolerant passages showing how nice Muhammed (pbuh - out of respect to you) was, but the ones that show a different side to the religion are irrelevant?

I didn't make anything up, I'm not trying to make Islam out to be something its not, I quoted its actual teachings - it's not my fault what your holy book has written in it, if you disagree with some of its passages then you disagree with what I can only describe as the core values of Islam. I'm sorry but when reading the Quran do you flick through what you consider to be irrelevant? Do you consider Sura 9:29 to be relevant?

I just can't understand how I'm being offensive by quoting the book that your life is based around. Don't you like all if it? I thought there was a teaching that the Quran is considered to be flawless?
Reply 159
Broderss

Although I suspect English is not your first language.

why? was i writing you a poem? gtfo.

Latest

Trending

Trending