Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done or planning on doing this?

I would like to but it looks like I would be making a loss as it will probably cost more for accommodation/general costs for a week than I could earn. Thus and therefore seeking inspiration and advice from those whom may know..??:yep::woo:

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it this year - but not sure how I'm going to sort the accommodation...

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to work abit so I could possibly go to Canada later this summer but there's no jobs for such awesome people like me. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpye11)
    I'm doing it this year - but not sure how I'm going to sort the accommodation...
    Where will you work?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you get a really well paying job/free accommodation, I can't really see you making much of a profit. Unless you're doing it purely for the experience? Do you already have a job lined up? It doesn't really seem like a very sensible idea, otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinywings)
    Unless you get a really well paying job/free accommodation, I can't really see you making much of a profit. Unless you're doing it purely for the experience? Do you already have a job lined up? It doesn't really seem like a very sensible idea, otherwise.
    :ditto:

Unless you have a lucrative internship lined up, or a job that offers experience you need that you just can't get elsewhere, I would not come to London just to work in Tesco or whatever; you can make similar money and do much more with it staying at home.

I work in London because my boyfriend's job pretty much ties him here. I would earn slightly less elsewhere but probably would be able to do more with my money. And I earn a decent salary; if I didn't I would find it very hard to afford to live here.

Poll
Do you have a role model?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.