The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm doing it this year - but not sure how I'm going to sort the accommodation...
I'd like to work abit so I could possibly go to Canada later this summer but there's no jobs for such awesome people like me. :dontknow:
Reply 3
jpye11
I'm doing it this year - but not sure how I'm going to sort the accommodation...

Where will you work?
Reply 4
Unless you get a really well paying job/free accommodation, I can't really see you making much of a profit. Unless you're doing it purely for the experience? Do you already have a job lined up? It doesn't really seem like a very sensible idea, otherwise.
Reply 5
tinywings
Unless you get a really well paying job/free accommodation, I can't really see you making much of a profit. Unless you're doing it purely for the experience? Do you already have a job lined up? It doesn't really seem like a very sensible idea, otherwise.

:ditto:

Unless you have a lucrative internship lined up, or a job that offers experience you need that you just can't get elsewhere, I would not come to London just to work in Tesco or whatever; you can make similar money and do much more with it staying at home.

I work in London because my boyfriend's job pretty much ties him here. I would earn slightly less elsewhere but probably would be able to do more with my money. And I earn a decent salary; if I didn't I would find it very hard to afford to live here.

Latest

Trending

Trending