The Student Room Group

Help on UCAS decision!

hi all, I am an international applicant applying for places in university in the year of 2011. I currently hold an unconditional offer from imperial college for chemical engineering and i was rejected by oxford due to a late form submission. I would like to reapply to oxford in the next application cycle and i was wondering if i could put an insurance decision on the imperial offer. anyone can help me on this? many thanks in advance <3 xoxoXo
Reply 1
No I don't think you can put it as an insurance, possibly defer, but to be honest Imperial is a stellar university and I wouldn't be that bummed out that I didn't get into Oxford if I have Imperial to fall back on.
Reply 2
You cannot reapply whilst holding a deffered offer, you need to decline imperial and start a new UCAS application in September.
Reply 3
If your Imperial offer was made on this cycle, even if it's for deferred entry (ie for 2011), you can't use it in the 2011 cycle. If you want to reapply you'll have to reject the Imperial offer.
Reply 4
oh man. i would love to go imperial college too. however i have trouble funding my studies. if i got into oxford, there will be a local scholarship available for me to study with no frills. :frown: anyone knows any financial aid is available for imperial courses? anyway thanks peeps.

Latest

Trending

Trending