GCSE Reading and Listening- Spanish! Watch

Xx.MissEG.xX
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Just thought I'd make a thread

Anyone been revising?? I've been revising all day, just hoping we won't get a hard one.. But judging from past papers I have the easiest board and should do good.. When I did past papers I got around 90%..
Any tips??

btw my exam board is WJEC
sweetascandy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I have them next week!! Im dreading the listening...do YOU have any tips on that?? lol and no, i havent really been prioritising spanish that much...though i really should!! :P my exam board is AQA :L
liviluck
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm doing Spanish with AQA. We've done loads of practice listening in class and I've got A*s in most of those so I'm less worried about the listening, there isn't much we can really do to revise for them. For the reading I'm just going to look over vocabulary but my reading is on the same day as the writing (Thursday) so everything I revise for the writing will be relevant to the reading as well. For the writing, the stuff that comes up for me is pretty similar to my oral topics and I can still remember the oral answers I learnt so most of the time I'll just write those down. Don't know if that's the case with WJEC but if it is I'd recommend looking over your orals! I've been doing more English lit revision today because I've done so much Spanish revision in class I'm feeling more confident about that. Good Luck
Xx.MissEG.xX
Rep:
?
(Original post by liviluck)
I'm doing Spanish with AQA. We've done loads of practice listening in class and I've got A*s in most of those so I'm less worried about the listening, there isn't much we can really do to revise for them. For the reading I'm just going to look over vocabulary but my reading is on the same day as the writing (Thursday) so everything I revise for the writing will be relevant to the reading as well. For the writing, the stuff that comes up for me is pretty similar to my oral topics and I can still remember the oral answers I learnt so most of the time I'll just write those down. Don't know if that's the case with WJEC but if it is I'd recommend looking over your orals! I've been doing more English lit revision today because I've done so much Spanish revision in class I'm feeling more confident about that. Good Luck

We didn't really have much time to do practise papers.. Luckily, we're not doing writing but we did coursework in which I got an A*.. That's not too bad then but I think I'd be worried about getting things wrong in the writing exam.. Ohh haha I don't do English lit yet, we do English language first and then we do English lit the next year.. I'm only in year 10 btw.. Good Luck to you aswell
thethinker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm going to fail.
Pi!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've been on Edexcel. I've got A*s on all the past papers I've done, so I should be OK.
Xx.MissEG.xX
Rep:
?
(Original post by thethinker)
I'm going to fail.
You're not..
Why did you say that??
nowrin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Scared out of my brains.
In my mock in Jan I got A*s in reading, writing and speaking but I got a C in my listening, bringing my grade down from an A* to an A.

How an EARTH am I meant to revise for listening!?
Watching "mi vida loca" on BBC languages is getting tiresome.
liviluck
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by nowrin)
Scared out of my brains.
In my mock in Jan I got A*s in reading, writing and speaking but I got a C in my listening, bringing my grade down from an A* to an A.

Just make sure your familiar with vocab that comes up a lot and know opinion words. If you can find any, look over transcripts of previous listening's so you know what's likely to come up. In the mock, the listening was my weakest point (I got a B in that and As in the other parts) but now listening is my strongest. We've done loads of practices in class which helps though.
Xx.MissEG.xX
Rep:
?
(Original post by nowrin)
Scared out of my brains.

Aaah, that's not too bad then.. Hmm, I tried BBC for listening aswell, didn't like it.. Did you already do your speaking?? What exam board are you doing by the way?? If you're doing AQA they have a listening test that you can actually do and I think it's good practise to do ( I did it even though I'm WJEC).
Good Luck
thethinker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Xx.MissEG.xX)
You're not..
Why did you say that??
I'm doing Spanish in a year

How do you revise for the listening?
Care-Free
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ahh im so annoyed about the listening, i asked to be put on higher because i knew i could do it but she put me on foundation 'just incase' even though im predicted b's! which i now cant get and every practice paper we've done i've been getting full marks and still only able to get c's gahh

i revise for the listening on bitesize and sam learning
Xx.MissEG.xX
Rep:
?
I'm doing Spanish in a year

How do you revise for the listening?
Ahh, you'll be fine
What year are you in now??
We are doing our Spanish GCSE a year early.. Well, I don't really :eek:I just learn vocabulary and I'll just guess stuff I won't know.. :cool:
I don't think listening is too hard, except where you have to translate a conversation (I'm really hoping I won't get one of those tommorow).
But if you want to, you can go on BBC bitesize which has listening activities, or you can go on AQA past papers and there are a few listening ones aswell.. What board are you doing btw??
Xx.MissEG.xX
Rep:
?
(Original post by Care-Free)
ahh im so annoyed about the listening, i asked to be put on higher because i knew i could do it but she put me on foundation 'just incase' even though im predicted b's! which i now cant get and every practice paper we've done i've been getting full marks and still only able to get c's gahh

i revise for the listening on bitesize and sam learning
Ahh, that's crap!! But you can still get an A if you get good marks in the other exams... You should've complained to the head of languages or something, I wouldn't let them put me on the foundation.. Our teacher put nearly everyone in the higher, even if they got Cs on them...
Good Luck anyways
rasklatz
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If youre doing AQA theres a student guide;

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/pdf/AQA3691WSG.PDF

From pg 7 - 58 theres all the vocab you need to know ( you obv cant remember it all but you could look at the main words)
thethinker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ahh, you'll be fine
What year are you in now??
We are doing our Spanish GCSE a year early.. Well, I don't really :eek:I just learn vocabulary and I'll just guess stuff I won't know.. :cool:
I don't think listening is too hard, except where you have to translate a conversation (I'm really hoping I won't get one of those tommorow).
But if you want to, you can go on BBC bitesize which has listening activities, or you can go on AQA past papers and there are a few listening ones aswell.. What board are you doing btw??
I'm in year 11

I'm doing AQA, but they don't have any audio files, do they?
Xx.MissEG.xX
Rep:
?
I'm in year 11

I'm doing AQA, but they don't have any audio files, do they?
So did you do a different language in year 10??

They do---> http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/...?id=11&prev=11 :yep:
thethinker
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
So did you do a different language in year 10??

They do---> http://web.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcses/...?id=11&prev=11 :yep:
I did French last year and got an A
Banoffeepie16
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I did french in year 10 and managed an A*
I'm now doing full course spanish after 6 months of teaching I have listening exam today :O

The best way to revise is learning vocab and doing past papers :cookie:
Xx.MissEG.xX
Rep:
?
I did French last year and got an A
Well done.. I think it's easier learning another language if you already know one. Did you look at the site??
I had my test today by the way.. It went well, the test was the same as it was the previous years (but different content) and it wasn't too hard.. I found the listening harder aven though that was the one our teacher prepared us for.. I think I should still manage to get an A* looking at the grade boundaries from last year..

When's yours??
Thanks for the rep btw
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?