Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've got into the habit of falling asleep to the Ricky Gervais Show or Kermode and Mayo's film review, and it's becoming increasingly difficult to give up. I just like having something to stop my mind wandering.

Do you reckon this means I don't get as much 'good' sleep and do any of you do similar things?

ReputationRep:
    The ricky gervais show is insaannneeeely funny.
    I tend to have the radio on tbh, im a really big thinker when i have no distractions, I.e when falling asleep. I think about anything and everything so find it hard to fall asleep and having the small distraction of a radio helps

ReputationRep:
    Normally I don't listen off to anything, I just go to sleep, but during my exams I had trouble getting to sleep due to nerves and pro-plus overdoses so I went back to my childhood and downloaded the audiobook of Just William!!!

ReputationRep:
    Anything. As long as it's sound, I can fall asleep to it.

It's silence I lie awake for hours in...

ReputationRep:
    i haven't listened to any ricky gervais for aaaages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QI Elf)
    Normally I don't listen off to anything, I just go to sleep, but during my exams I had trouble getting to sleep due to nerves and pro-plus overdoses so I went back to my childhood and downloaded the audiobook of Just William!!!
    Good choice on childhood books/audiobooks, I used to do the same.

I prefer having silence to sleep to these days, without ear plugs its traffic outside of halls, drunken students, music/tv's/consoles and people talking. I dislike being so dependent on earplugs though, more so when i don't use them the night before an exam and get kept awake for hours on end...

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend hammering away on his computer keyboard and shouting at people on vent.

Fortunately I take after my mother and can fall asleep to anything.

ReputationRep:
    study notes

ReputationRep:
    I don't listen to anything, I can't sleep if there is any noise. Once I am asleep though, nothing can wake me up :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I cant sleep with noise!

ReputationRep:
    I'd rather go to sleep in a silent environment - used to be unable to fall asleep if it was noisy around me. However, my boyfriend often watches TV late at night as he doesn't have to get up early in the morning - most of the time I'm so knackered from my day that I fall asleep regardless of the sound of the telly. But I'd rather fall asleep without any noise around... I also reckon my sleep is healthier if not troubled by noise, even though I'm not aware of it.

ReputationRep:
    Half the time I stick on a load of episodes of something that I've already seen at a half audible level, if not that then usually spacey/ambient/noise bands or just that iDoser thing for some sexy white noise.

I used to only be able to sleep if it was pitch black and silent but owing to too much time spent around students I can now only sleep if it's pitch black and there's a constant rumbling in the background.

ReputationRep:
    Classic FM or my thoughts..

ReputationRep:
    I took a clip of a sex scene in a movie, converted it into a avi file then put it on play forever mode, listening to it while I sleep.

ReputationRep:
    nice thread.
    yeah yesterday night i think i fell asleep listening to this

ReputationRep:
    my own screams usually.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, I need silence. Was talking about this with my friends the other day and it turns out half of them put their iPods on when going to sleep, which does not compute in my brain.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.