LLB Law with Criminology? Watch

LilyKK
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi, I am looking to take theabove course and wanted some advice on where to go bearing in mind that my grades will most likely be BCCb. However, I do not want to be a lawyer!?! I would ideally want to work for the police or a company in their law dept.
Thanks, Lily x
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 8 years ago
Im doing Criminology but with Sociology! . . .I don't know if you are aware but you don't even need a degree to join the police! Anybody who is taken on by the police, they look at everyone as equal! You could have PhD's coming out your ears. . yes it looks good but hearing from a police officer, everyone is on the same footing! :/ However it does illustrate though that you have studied for 3years and have commitment . .so there is that aspect to it. As for the best places for LLB Law with Crim :dontknow: . . perhaps do a google search, try and find reviews from past students and go from there.
LilyKK
Thanks, hope your degree is doing well. The police do offer programmes for graduates, so I thought that couldbe an option and I have always wanted to go to Uni and I would like the academic knowledge! x
DancinBallerina
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LilyKK)
Thanks, hope your degree is doing well. The police do offer programmes for graduates, so I thought that couldbe an option and I have always wanted to go to Uni and I would like the academic knowledge! x
Yea I only recently knew about police graduate schemes which tbh has become rather appealing to me lately!! :tongue: . . .I graduate this year, so im on the job hunting, career wagon @ the mo. Yea my friend who is a police officer, he did in degree Psychology and his twin did HND in Police studies; both are police officers in the same force! A friend of mine who is a PCSO suggested to me to look into doing Specials? . . She said when they see applicants who have done that for approx. 1year, they love that sort of thing as again it shows you are committed and determined in becoming an officer (if that makes sense). I say definately keep up with the degree but look into Specials or work experience of some kind.

I hope what I am saying is sort of useful, although it's not directed at your LLB Law and Crim question.
LilyKK
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
Yea I only recently knew about police graduate schemes which tbh has become rather appealing to me lately!! :tongue: . . .I graduate this year, so im on the job hunting, career wagon @ the mo. Yea my friend who is a police officer, he did in degree Psychology and his twin did HND in Police studies; both are police officers in the same force! A friend of mine who is a PCSO suggested to me to look into doing Specials? . . She said when they see applicants who have done that for approx. 1year, they love that sort of thing as again it shows you are committed and determined in becoming an officer (if that makes sense). I say definitely keep up with the degree but look into Specials or work experience of some kind.

I hope what I am saying is sort of useful, although it's not directed at your LLB Law and Crim question.
It's been very helpful thanks yeah it would be good to get some experience as a special or something before applying ... Show some commitment!!!
Rusty_Mouse
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Don't go with criminology. Stick with LLB cause most of criminology is like sociology.
DancinBallerina
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LilyKK)
It's been very helpful thanks yeah it would be good to get some experience as a special or something before applying ... Show some commitment!!!
Definately :yep:. There is a Criminology society on here (link is in my signature), feel free to join where other Crim. students are banter about the course, assignments, careers and etc .

(Original post by Rusty_Mouse)
Don't go with criminology. Stick with LLB cause most of criminology is like sociology.
OP isn't studying Sociology or is she deciding between LLB Law OR Criminology - LLB Law AND Criminology is one course; joint degree! . .Which is a good choice . . .If my uni offered that I would have done it too.
Law92
Report 8 years ago
YEA same i wana do llb cuz it sounds really interesting and worthwhile, but i am unsure if i want to be a lawyer! anyway having a law degree is very valuable and its considered very high by most busineses and employers (that wat the uni said lol)
LilyKK
(Original post by DancinBallerina)
definitely :yep:. There is a Criminology society on here (link is in my signature), feel free to join where other Crim. students are banter about the course, assignments, careers and etc .
Thank you! I will definitely join it sounds like a really interesting society
LilyKK
(Original post by Law92)
YEA same i wana do llb cuz it sounds really interesting and worthwhile, but i am unsure if i want to be a lawyer! anyway having a law degree is very valuable and its considered very high by most busineses and employers (that wat the uni said lol)
Yep I agree, even if for some reason I don't end up working in some area of law then it is still an incredibly valuable degree
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%