Turn on thread page Beta

How to get a guy - even if they're way out of your league? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so there's this guy ...:lovehug: - he sits across from me in one lesson - and I realllly like him. Thing is, I have no idea how to approach him... for a start, I feel like he is way out of my league. We don't talk normally, there's just the occasional smile and chat about nothing. His friends (who are girls) are much more popular, and prettier. Truthfully, I don't know if I have got a chance. I think if he got to know me, he'd like me, because from what I've gathered we've got lots in common...
    Any tips please, especially if you've been in this situation before ! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    your clothes, take them off. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    wear a really short skirt, he wont be able to take his eyes off you

ReputationRep:
    clearly if he's out of your league and he has hotter friends, you need to wear tighter clothes/less clothing/more makeup/do up your hair/whatever it needs to catch his attention, then all the signals and confidence crap.

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I'm in kind of the same situation :love: but I've liked him since almost the start of the year and nothing's happened so I have no idea [/unhelpful]
    I suppose just get talking to him about anything and see how it goes

ReputationRep:
    Show some flesh and approach him. Never fails.

ReputationRep:
    Don't listen to all the other people saying you should wear more make-up, wear short skirts etc. At the end of the day, he'll end up liking you for you. Boys only go for girls who show lots of skin and wear loads of make-up because they look "easy" and they'll forget them quickly. But if you like him, this is the 21st century! Ask him out! Or if that's not really your thing, maybe ask him for a revision session or something. It'll give you two more time to bond, and you get to spend some alone time with him. And don't put yourself down and say he's not in your league. More than likely, he is in your league (or rather you're in his!) and you just need to believe in yourself. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Listen..are you hoping for a relationship or just to shag him becuase if its the latter,that should be fairly easy.

Why do you think your out of his league? Dont you think you are attractive too?

If you feel this way,maybe you should direct your energies toward finding someone who you believe is in your league.

Seriously...join a dating agency or something. There is nothing wrong with doing that becuase mostly,everyone is there for the same thing, i.e to meet someone that they can get along with,not just shag.

I'm telling you girls..you give a guy the wrong messages and he will just shag n go.

That will feel even worse.

ReputationRep:
    one word: cleavage

ReputationRep:
    Shove your tits in his face. Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oldernotwiser)
    Its just compared to his friends, I'm not exactly fantastical looking. Its not that I'm ugly, I'm just not stick thin and perfect in every way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiseyeah)
    Its just compared to his friends, I'm not exactly fantastical looking. Its not that I'm ugly, I'm just not stick thin and perfect in every way.
    Stik thin isnt necessarily attractive. Who knows? I'll bet your being hyper critical of yourself and that there are guys who have an eye on you. I dont know anyone whos perfect in every way. Not even me..and im pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    I think if he got to know me, he'd like me, because from what I've gathered we've got lots in common...
    Isn't there any activity out of school you guys have in common???

ReputationRep:
    please don't resort to showing skin, if it was me that'd just put me off as i'd categorize you with all the other no-good low-life females that are stuck in England.

Strike a conversation up, what you do last weekend, etc, ask for help or work/offer to help him, get his msn/facebook, have general chats on there. Then ask him out for a coffee/somet to eat/cinema. Cinemas the easiest to pull off by just making out you REALLLY wanna watch this film and invite him along and forget to invite anyone else :P Also if any of his mates are in your other classes, won't do any harm to get along with them a bit can make sliding into his circle of friends a bit easier.

And most of all, be yourself. If anything good is going to come of it, you have to be yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, don't think that he's out of your league. Take him off the pedestal. In my experience, if you think that a guy is way out of your league, it's actually the other way round. If he's that great, why isn't he involved with any of his 'fit' female friends? It may well be that either he doesn't fancy any of them or the girls know that he's fine as a friend but a bit of a rude boy. Don't assume that your idea of attractive is the same as his. Don't dress up for him. Just be yourself. Sit next to him in a class. Strike up conversation.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, so there's this guy ...:lovehug: - he sits across from me in one lesson - and I realllly like him. Thing is, I have no idea how to approach him... for a start, I feel like he is way out of my league. We don't talk normally, there's just the occasional smile and chat about nothing. His friends (who are girls) are much more popular, and prettier. Truthfully, I don't know if I have got a chance. I think if he got to know me, he'd like me, because from what I've gathered we've got lots in common...
    Any tips please, especially if you've been in this situation before ! :woo:

Chances are, he got friendzoned by those girls which means you're in with a shot anyways.

If he friendzoned those girls then you're still in with a shot but tread carefully.

(Original post by Oldernotwiser)
    Listen..are you hoping for a relationship or just to shag him becuase if its the latter,that should be fairly easy.

If you feel this way,maybe you should direct your energies toward finding someone who you believe is in your league.

Seriously...join a dating agency or something. There is nothing wrong with doing that becuase mostly,everyone is there for the same thing, i.e to meet someone that they can get along with,not just shag.

I'm telling you girls..you give a guy the wrong messages and he will just shag n go.

That will feel even worse.
    This was the point I was making yesterday people think attractive people are out of their league and will settle for someone in their league, leaving the attractive people with douches :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I am probably way out of your league, lets not discuss which way out, just PM me

Stop putting the knob on the pedestal

But seriously OP just make sure he's not gay before you make a move, I've been there it's not nice :emo:

ReputationRep:
    its all about the cleavage :cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 23, 2010
Poll
Do you have a role model?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.