C1 :( Watch

Aeroman1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi guys,

I started study leave last monday, and I covered the whole c1 course for OCR MEI. I was really confident as all the questions I did in the textbook and chapter assessments turned out to all mainly be correct.

On Thursday I started doing past papers, yet the results were not very good. Somehow, I keep getting around 60% on the past papers and I just don't see how =/. At this point it is really breaking my will to work and this constant idea of failure is in my head.

Is it me or does it happen for everyone when they start past papers?

Is their anything anyone suggest to improve my technique or something?

Thanks alot guys
~Aeroman1
heyjennyjenny
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do some more papers?
ziedj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Do more past papers..
Coda
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I found that when I started doing C2 papers after finishing the OCR course, they seemed impossible. But now that I've done around 10 of them, they're really simple and the questions are really predictable. Just keep doing more past papers and avoid looking at the solutions unless you think to yourself "What the **** does this question mean?!"
LetoKynes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Work on the type of questions that you're having trouble with
x_LiNk_x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Carry on with all the past papers, you can use the mark schemes to see how the answer is meant to be solved and try and learn from that, or even post some of the more difficult questions on here so people can help work them out
Aeroman1
Rep:
?
Thanks guys...but i just cant seem to help if I get stuck on a question and skip it out, i'm "wasting" the papers =/

But do you realy think if I do them all (i have about 7 done around 3) I'll see a significant difference?
MMCIVER
Badges: 0
Report 8 years ago
I think the best way to do it is to get worked answers off a teacher so you can see how you're supposed to tackle the more challenging questions
chronic_fatigue
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Aeroman1)
Thanks guys...but i just cant seem to help if I get stuck on a question and skip it out, i'm "wasting" the papers =/

But do you realy think if I do them all (i have about 7 done around 3) I'll see a significant difference?
you should write on another piece of paper and do the past papers over and over again.
JChoudhry
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Practice the questions you get stuck on in the exam, in the book without looking at the examples to help you, do it within a reasonable time limit otherwise you will run out of past papers if you don't do that.
Aeroman1
Rep:
?
Thanks alot guys

It was depressing me a little =/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (145)
45.74%
Pro-humanity (172)
54.26%