The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Oldernotwiser
Seems like a lot pf Pakistanis spend a great deal of time batting back and forward between Pakistan and the UK for ..ermm...various reasons.

Makes you wonder why they dont stay there?

My Dad has a lot of inherited land there. He sort of needs to go.
0201Bean

Whats happend to it?!

The British left?

Nah I kid.

Basically is a developing country with a cold war with it's neighbour to the east, it's got a fundamentalist Islamic regime to it's west (Iran), it's got a dirt poor country to it's north-west that exists basically because no-one else wants it/can civilize it, it's occupying parts of Kashmir, it's got it's own population of stone age peasants on it's frontier areas, and its own native fundamentalist Islamic insurgency.

In essence Pakistan is a nation with a ****-ton of problems and only a finite amount of resources to deal with any.
Reply 102
tanzeel
Since the involved parties in both cases were British citizens of Pakistani heritage who were born and raised in Britain, the citizenship/nationality point is moot. Secondly, its no privilege to be called British, if they're British citizens, its their basic right to call themselves so, the same as a Korean-American calling himself American even if he supports North Korea. And what the hell is a "Pakistani terrorist" side. They were born in Britain, raised here, grew up with other Brits, went to British schools where they were taught by Brits, so I fail to see how they suddenly become "Pakistani terrorists" simply because they were terrorists. They were just as British as anyone else, and the fact that they blew up a subway station doesn't make them Pakistani. If it worked that way, the Nazi Party, the IRA and the Tamil Tigers would all be of Pakistani heritage.

They were Pakistani. End of.
0201Bean
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/crime-courts/britons-killed-in-arranged-marriage-row-1.1029603

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8696188.stm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbVd_WGWWfk

This story made me cry, What sort of people would do that. They're not human.

Pakistan really isn't safe for anyone, even Britons who think of it as their 'home' or 'own' country.

I find it disgusting, and sickening, that people would kill their own blood, and family is said to be the most important thing in asian/pakistani culture.

My Grandparents are from Pakistan, and my Dad goes to visit every year, but tbh, it's not safe anymore; the bombings, the killings, what sort of place has it turned into.

My view of the country has changed. I loved it when i went on holiday, but i didn't see the real Pakistan, i suppose i was a tourist.

Whats happend to it?!

You caught your ownself in committing DISCRIMINATION!

Just because 3 british are killed,made you go so violent but what if it was 3 Americans,or Aussies or Africans or Asian; you wouldn't care~Am I right:rolleyes:

Its impossible to believe for anyone that you would not want to go to Pakistan just because of 3 British being killed-Its just because you didn't like that country(muslims) in the first place and you wanted to alarm people at the right place and at the right time,which you thought is now~or else you would have said all this before the killings:yep:
Reply 104
jonathan3909
You caught your ownself in committing DISCRIMINATION!

Just because 3 british are killed,made you go so violent but what if it was 3 Americans,or Aussies or Africans or Asian; you wouldn't care~Am I right:rolleyes:

Erm, no i'd care just as much if it was any other human actually. They were British Asians. British Muslims, whatever way you want to look at it.

and i didn't get the last bit you put in 'quote' ?

Edit: I am a muslim, Why would i not want to 'like' a muslim country. I've been there three times, and i've enjoyed it.
Pakistan is a joke. It's funny how Punjab in India is the wealthiest state in India, whereas the Punjabi side of Pakistan is some joke of a region. LoL.
Reply 106
I think it's deserved tbh.

Besides there are much worse countries to be in.
0201Bean
Erm, no i'd care just as much if it was any other human actually. They were British Asians. British Muslims, whatever way you want to look at it.

and i didn't get the last bit you put in 'quote' ?

Edit: I am a muslim, Why would i not want to 'like' a muslim country. I've been there three times, and i've enjoyed it.

You just said the opposite in your original post:confused: :confused:

And if 3 pakistani get killed in Britian does not mean I blame Britian for it~:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Reply 108
jonathan3909
You just said the opposite in your original post:confused: :confused:

And if 3 pakistani get killed in Britian does not mean I blame Britian for it~:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

How did i? :rolleyes:

and i do blame Pakistan for it tbh. It's a messed up country. All i ever used to hear my grandparents say was how they loved the Pakistan, blah blah blah, and it just angers me now that it's turned into a country with a negative reputation, and bad press.
Have you ever see anything good about Pakistan on the news? Apart from ''they won the T20''

If 3 pakistani got killed in Britain, I wouls blame the killers for it, because Britain is nothing like Pakistan.
Reply 109
Hotmale
I think it's deserved tbh.

WTH?
Reply 110
0201Bean
WTH?

People are killed in Britain and US for their belongings.

It seems much more reasonable to kill somebody for severely disrespecting family.

Don't you agree?
?!master?!mini?!
mmmmmm.... I wonder which one of you 'purely' british folk, have ancestors that were not British, but Welsh, European or American......
How far back do we have to go?

News flash...Wales is part of Britain, idiot.
Reply 112
ManMountain92
News flash...Wales is part of Britain, idiot.

Sorry, but thats exactly what he/she meant.
Now i agree!
Pakis!
Reply 115
the-troll-awards
Pakis!

lmao
Reply 116
Broderss
They were Pakistani. End of.

They were Brits. End of.
Reply 117
tanzeel
They were Brits. End of.

They were ******* Pakistani just look at them! Having a British citizenship means nothing! Especially when they attack Britain!! They don't deserve the privilege to be called British after they attack the country.

If a stereotypical member of a white supremacist (ie big skinhead hard guy) was born and raised in Pakistan but went around beating and killing other Pakistanis, would you call him Pakistani or British? Because he doesn't have your culture, he doesn't respect your country, he doesn't respect your people, and he doesn't look Pakistani.
Reply 118
Broderss
They were ******* Pakistani just look at them! Having a British citizenship means nothing! Especially when they attack Britain!! They don't deserve the privilege to be called British after they attack the country.

If a stereotypical member of a white supremacist (ie big skinhead hard guy) was born and raised in Pakistan but went around beating and killing other Pakistanis, would you call him Pakistani or British? Because he doesn't have your culture, he doesn't respect your country, he doesn't respect your people, and he doesn't look Pakistani.

Allegiances have nothing to do with this. If you're a British citizen, born and raised there, you're a goddamn Brit, period.
Reply 119
Broderss

British is a civic identity you absolute imbecile.

Latest

Trending

Trending