AS Levels Watch

markos-
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello, I'm at 6th form in London and I'm doing my AS modules over the coming weeks and I in January I got B(ICT) C(Geography) C(Biology). I am repeating ICT and Biology and my ideal grades for AS would be ABC (the C in Biology). I regret doing Biology as I hav no interest in it and it bores me to tears and it is extremely difficult. Geography is hard but I am trying by best to get a high grade in this module in the hope of raising the C to a B. I will get an A in ICT as i got very high in the coursewok. If it turns out that I get ACC (high C in geography) would it be possible to get ABC overall next year? As i heard that A2 geography is alot harder. My school told me that they would make e repeat the year if I get ACC because I could slip to D's and I wouldn't get into my course. I need at least BC for Media Studies & Production and BCD would even get me into that. I woudnt repeat the year however as I would goto another school (I go to a grammar school) which has high expectations. Would it be possible to raise geography to a B in the next school year?
jimbo9292
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by markos-)
Hello, I'm at 6th form in London and I'm doing my AS modules over the coming weeks and I in January I got B(ICT) C(Geography) C(Biology). I am repeating ICT and Biology and my ideal grades for AS would be ABC (the C in Biology). I regret doing Biology as I hav no interest in it and it bores me to tears and it is extremely difficult. Geography is hard but I am trying by best to get a high grade in this module in the hope of raising the C to a B. I will get an A in ICT as i got very high in the coursewok. If it turns out that I get ACC (high C in geography) would it be possible to get ABC overall next year? As i heard that A2 geography is alot harder. My school told me that they would make e repeat the year if I get ACC because I could slip to D's and I wouldn't get into my course. I need at least BC for Media Studies & Production and BCD would even get me into that. I woudnt repeat the year however as I would goto another school (I go to a grammar school) which has high expectations. Would it be possible to raise geography to a B in the next school year?

is your geography exam board aqa ???:p:
crabmanj
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
if its aqa geography it only gets harder, fewer key terms like you get with glaciation but a LOT more content. Best looking at A2 topics (you will probably only learn 3-4 out of those listed) for yourself. Also you have to learn your As level case study in more depth for a jan module
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1408)
79.64%
Leave (360)
20.36%

Watched Threads