Turn on thread page Beta

Birthday Present for a girl. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Tight budget of £13 (not including card/packaging)
    Can anyone recommend some jewellery I could get for a close female friend.

From what I've noticed she likes quite bold and costumy-like jewellery so I don't know if I should pick something up from Monsoon Accesorize - because although imo they have nice stuff, I'm not 100% sure she likes the 'delicate/cute' look of the jewellery.

ReputationRep:
    Monsoon is a good idea, i've got few things for any girls mates from there. My girlfriend works there and she loves her accessories, she is very good with them.. so it may be a good idea to go in and ask one of the workers , maybe describe the type of accessories your girlfriends like.. maybe some pictures of her/her current stuff.. and im sure they will be able to help .
    Btw this isnt a completely random suggestion xD. My girlfriend has actually helped quite a load of people who have done this

ReputationRep:
    Take a trip to Topshop and Urban Outfitters, they have some pretty and bold stuff. Accessorize have a lot of tribalish jewellery at the moment, wouldn't hurt to have a look

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Monsoon is a good idea, i've got few things for any girls mates from there. My girlfriend works there and she loves her accessories, she is very good with them.. so it may be a good idea to go in and ask one of the workers , maybe describe the type of accessories your girlfriends like.. maybe some pictures of her/her current stuff.. and im sure they will be able to help .
    Btw this isnt a completely random suggestion xD. My girlfriend has actually helped quite a load of people who have done this
    I normally get things from Monsoon for female presents but they dont really do bold jewellry in my budget.
    Found this scarf
    http://www.monsoon.co.uk/Silk-Day-Sc...ps,accsscarves
    what do you think? does it look cheap? And I might throw in a box of chocolate.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    That's a lovely present, I don't think that it looks cheap. Especially thoughtful from a guy as well, would expect guys to chose something "safer"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabed786)
    I normally get things from Monsoon for female presents but they dont really do bold jewellry in my budget.
    Found this scarf
    http://www.monsoon.co.uk/Silk-Day-Sc...ps,accsscarves
    what do you think? does it look cheap? And I might throw in a box of chocolate.
    I think that's pretty, but you mentioned earlier that she doesn't like delicate or cute kind of things? Because I'd consider that pretty cutesy, but it is gorgeous.
    If she likes bold costume jewellry, how about something like this? Or this?
    You can't go wrong with a pendant type thing, and most of them will leave some money left over for chocolates etc. Here's the page.

ReputationRep:
    The scarf isn't to my liking, and I like very bold jewellery. If you've bought it already then never mind, because she'll love the thought anyway. But if not, maybe post a few pics of stuff that looks similar to the stuff she wears, or the the type of outfit she wears? The suggestions by RhiannaB look gorgeous :love:.
    Good luck, OP, and you're really sweet. I hate buying gifts and tend to go the easy option - perfume or a DVD boxset of a show they love etc., but I should make more effort.

ReputationRep:
    Owls seem to be one of the big prevalent icon jewelry pieces still "in."
    I work at a small accessories store chain and girls are always coming in and asking for owls.

The "global" trend is pretty big right now too, so beaded items with lots of bright colors are pretty popular.

I really do adore that scarf though, it's gorgeous.
    And that's super sweet of you to put such thought into the gift for your friend, so she'll love it regardless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wickette)
    Owls seem to be one of the big prevalent icon jewelry pieces still "in."
    I work at a small accessories store chain and girls are always coming in and asking for owls.

The "global" trend is pretty big right now too, so beaded items with lots of bright colors are pretty popular.

I really do adore that scarf though, it's gorgeous.
    And that's super sweet of you to put such thought into the gift for your friend, so she'll love it regardless.
    Thanks.

Ive never seen her wear necklaces which have just one iconic piece like an owl, she normally wears a few bold things on a necklace like butterflies or bangles. Good suggesion though shame I've bought the scarf already lol.

(Original post by pearlearrings)
    The scarf isn't to my liking, and I like very bold jewellery. If you've bought it already then never mind, because she'll love the thought anyway. But if not, maybe post a few pics of stuff that looks similar to the stuff she wears, or the the type of outfit she wears?
    I bought the scarf on Wednesday. I've seen her wear some nice dresses which have sort bold floral prints a little similar to the scarf. I think she shops a places like Zara, Dorothy Perkins and Topshop. Hopefully she likes it.

ReputationRep:
    The scarf is gorgeous! Sure she'll love it.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.