Casio fx-7400G PLUS overwrites previous characters Watch

TheHuman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi,
I have bought a Casio Graphic Calculator (fx-7400G Plus) and my problem with it, is that in comparison to my scientific calculator (Casio fx-83ES) it overwrites previously typed in characters/digits. Sort of like when you press the "Insert" button on a computer keyboard and then type it would overwrite what you have already written.
On the calculator it is especially annoying and time consuming during programming.
Does anybody know a solution to turn this overwriting off and make it possible to use it like a scientific calculator?

Thanks in advance,
TheHuman
Rep:
?
Hi,
Thanks for answering, but that I have already tried that and it doesnt work it does the same thing.
It basically displays a sort of like square covering the current character/digit and when I would press a key it would replace that current digit with the digit I had just pressed, exactly the same as it would without Shift->Del(Insert).

Without Shift->Del it displays a line underneath a character. Instead of the normal | cursor found on scientific calculators and computers.

Edit: The calculator looks like this: http://www.casio.com/products/Calcul.../FX-7400GPlus/
Kuriso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Then I don't have a clue, sorry :o:. My calculator's pretty similar and that always works for me :holmes:.
TheHuman
Rep:
?
Hi,
It working now, thanks, but is there a way to set this permanent.

Thanks in advance,
Kuriso
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
On mine it stays that way until you change it manually so I don't think you should have any problems with it switching back.
TheHuman
Rep:
?
Yes, but it changes back to normal when you use the arrow keys.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1623)
79.13%
Leave (428)
20.87%

Watched Threads