My new bearded dragon Watch

Schmokie Dragon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
His name is Nozdormu but we all call him Stumpy as he's missing the tip of his tail.

Video

O93
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Nice
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Sexy.
Johnblue
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
that is pretty cool

how much was it

expose it to radiation and make a superlizard
Roxannabelle
Badges: 9
Report 8 years ago
I want a beardie. But my boyfriend won't let me. He's already got a Savannah monitor... And has had every other reptile known to man I swear.
wardle1337
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wow he's wonderful
chemical_bex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That is pretty cool lookin'
v-zero
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
He's beautiful. I couldn't keep a Reptile, but I may get a Mantis.
Xenomorph v2.1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Very cool!

Are they any clever? like are they able to interact with you in any way, react to things you do or do they just lie there totally blank?
Aquariumnerd
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
cute
mimimimi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aww, I like lizards. Cute.
Sockpirate
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Aw, cute my brother has 2 beardies - they're actually the best pets ever! So docile, friendly and interesting :love:
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
Wow, loads of replies.

They have a range of personalities, from sociable and friendly to really, really grumpy. Mine is more of the latter. He head bobs and arm waves a lot and had a tantrum at my other half this evening.

They're fun to interact with and trainable, to an extent. Definitely not blank and boring!

This boy is getting a 4 foot viv as soon as we move and have space. Super excited.
jammy66
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Lush! - Lovely looking bearddyy!..
joey11223
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ooh very nice, I'd get them if I had the space, one day I'll have my own place..one day..then I'll go mad.

What's that substrate out of interest? Oats? Sawdust?
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Xenomorph v2.1)
Very cool!

Are they any clever? like are they able to interact with you in any way, react to things you do or do they just lie there totally blank?
I don't interact with you THAT much, though they will react to things around them. After a little while they will let you handle them and do seem to enjoy having their chin and head scratched, they may also take food from your hand, though you'd have to make sure they don't accidentally go for your finger thinking it's a nice juicy worm.

Some say they recognise their owners, I imagine they might recognise your smell....though I'm not sure it's a real bond or anything, the larger monitor lizards are the most intelligent, they do seem to recognise their owner, though again more by taste and smell then your actual face.
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by joey11223)
ooh very nice, I'd get them if I had the space, one day I'll have my own place..one day..then I'll go mad.

What's that substrate out of interest? Oats? Sawdust?
Oats over newspaper. I wanted something to help insulate but without the risk of impaction.

He's refusing to eat his greens, grrr!
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
Oats over newspaper. I wanted something to help insulate but without the risk of impaction.

He's refusing to eat his greens, grrr!
if he refuses for weeks try not feeding him any livefood at all until he eats his veg, some are fussy but when it's greens or nothing they soon learn!

You tried butternut squash, most seem to love that. also this time for year any yellow dandelions, they usually go mad for them as their natural diet in the wild includes a lot of flowers from a particular plant, which are yellow, some folks grow dandelions for them, I think the flower and the leaves are fine.
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
(Original post by joey11223)
if he refuses for weeks try not feeding him any livefood at all until he eats his veg, some are fussy but when it's greens or nothing they soon learn!

You tried butternut squash, most seem to love that. also this time for year any yellow dandelions, they usually go mad for them as their natural diet in the wild includes a lot of flowers from a particular plant, which are yellow, some folks grow dandelions for them, I think the flower and the leaves are fine.
He's been tried on rocket, dandelion leaves, butternut squash, carrots and green beans. Obviously carrots and rocket wouldn't be offered very often as I know they're easy to have too much of.

I put some mealworms in his bowl with the veg in the hopes this would tempt him to take a mouthful but he just picked a couple of mealworms out and left the rest and the veg. Grr!
joey11223
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Schmokie Dragon)
He's been tried on rocket, dandelion leaves, butternut squash, carrots and green beans. Obviously carrots and rocket wouldn't be offered very often as I know they're easy to have too much of.

I put some mealworms in his bowl with the veg in the hopes this would tempt him to take a mouthful but he just picked a couple of mealworms out and left the rest and the veg. Grr!
well you are an RFUK member, so if it's still going on I'm sure you'll get advice haha.

Oh and nice try with the mealies! Maybe...feed him with thongs, put a mealie and a piece of butternut squash together?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads