Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well... I've got in Alevels...
    Spanish A (doesnt count coz I'm Spanish)
    Maths A
    Business Studies A
    Physics B
    Art b (AS only)

and then... Spanish Baccalaureate 9.1/10 and English Proficiency C

Well I emailed Cambridge about retaking Alevel Physics... and they answered...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=142095

But Imperial has required me to retake Alevel Physics and get an A if I want to be considered...

Should I retake or not?

Please some help!!! If I want to retake I'd have to decline the grade...

ReputationRep:
    What's wrong of declining your grade? The universitites will know you've applied to uni again. Wat hav you got to lose by re-taking a paper? You're teacher could explain in your reference.

ReputationRep:
    I've got nothing to lose... but the cambridge tutour said he didnt recommend it! As they dont like Alevel resits!

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to not re-take a paper for the sake of Cambridge? That would be a very foolish thing to do. Right now you're faced with two options:

a) Re-take a Physics paper and have a chance of getting in to Imperial College and other top universities;

b) Don't re-take for the sake Cambridge, where let's face it, there's a pretty slim chance that you'll get an offer (it's much more harder to get an offer from Cambridge than other universities).

Are you going to risk the latter option?

ReputationRep:
    mmm no... obviously not... IT IS TRUE!!! Well Cambridge just said... that they didnt care if I have a B now or an A later... do it doesnt make any difference at all if I get an A latter on! They will have my module marks anyway! :p:

I think I'll resit 3-4 papers just in case... I need quite a large number of marks... 26!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    cambridge tutour said he didnt recommend it! As they dont like Alevel resits!
    This doesn't seem consistent with this post:

(Original post by kitsune)
    Cambridge just said... that they didnt care if I have a B now or an A later... do it doesnt make any difference at all if I get an A latter on!
    :confused:

I thought you said Cambridge didn't like A level re-sit students, but in the last post you say they "don't care" if you do re-sit. Which is true?

ReputationRep:
    "There is no advantage in obtaining an A in Physics as a result of a
    retake. It will be obvious to any Cambridge Admissions Tutor that you are
    retaking Physics because you will be completing it after you have finished
    school."

No advantange... but no disadvantage...

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.