Turn on thread page Beta

Too much adrenaline! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Why is it that some people can drink one cup of coffee, and they're fine, whilst other people drink the exact same one cup of coffee and they get heart palpitations/ arrhythmia?

Similar thing with alcohol, smoking, or exercise causing arrhythmia in some but not in others..

I'm pretty sure the palpitations are a reaction to the adrenaline produced from all these activities - but why does one person get these side effects and another doesnt when exposed to the same thing?? :confused:

Also, I noticed that people who tend to get palpitations from such things are more prone to stage-fright and similar adrenaline-related problems. hmm.. It's like they just make way too much adrenaline in general in response to everything! Why is this? Is it genetic? Is it psychological? Is it something we can do something about? I'm wondering if there's something I can do to lower adrenaline production, or lower a person's sensitivity to it.

Would really appreciate your guys take on it.

Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    Breathing techniques. Clear empty mind.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.